Theodore Rudolf "Rhode" Sackett
|Father||William Sacket (1852-1930)|
|Mother||Emma Sefton (1854-1942)|
(Src: Raymond Roberts)
Theodore Sackett gallery
In 1900 Theodore was living in Logan, Dearborn County, IndianaG, in the household of his parents William and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Theodore Sackett, aged 13 and born in Indiana.6
In 1910 he was living in Miller, Dearborn CountyG, and was recorded as Theodore Sackett, a self-employed farmer, head of household, aged 23 and born in Indiana. His farm was rented. Living with him were his wife Iona, 22, and their son Loren, aged five months.7
Theodore registered for the World War I draft on 5 June 1917. He was then age 30, married with one child, and was living in Cleves, Hamilton County, OhioG. He was working as a farmhand.3
In 1920 he was living in MillerG and was recorded as Theodore R Sackett, a farm laborer, head of household, aged 32 and born in Indiana. He owned his home free of mortgage. Living with him were his wife Iona, 32, and their son Loren, aged ten.8
Theodore registered for the World War II draft in 1942. He was then living in Miller and was working on the Harrison Ohio railroad, Dearborn County.4
Child of Theodore Rudolf "Rhode" Sackett and Iona Myrtle Woods
- Loren Cecil Sackett b. 13 Nov 1909, d. Jan 1985
Notes & Citations
- "Social Security Death Index" (Ancestry transcript), "Theodore Sackett, b. 16 Feb 1887, d. Apr 1953, SSN issued Ohio bef. 1951."
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918" (Ancestry image), "Theodore Sackett, 30, of Cleves, Ohio, b. Feb 16, 1887, natural born citizen, b. Logan, Indiana, farm hand, employer Alfred Woods, at Bright, Indiana, one ch. under 12, married, Caucasian, military service none, exemption not claimed. Registrar's report: height short, medium build, light blue eyes, light brown hair, not bald, no disabilities. Registered at Cleves, Ohio, June 5, 1917."
- "US World War II draft registrations records 1942" (Ancestry image), "U1051, Theodore Rudolph Sackett, of Miller, Dearborn, Ind, mailing address Harrison Ohio RR3, tel. Bright Ex, age 55, b. February 16, 1887, Dearborn, Ind, contact Iona Sackett, same address, employer Irvin Blasdel, Harrison O RR3 Dearborn Ind."
- Email from Raymond Roberts to Chris Sackett, April 2011.
- 1900 United States census
T623_366, p. 1A
Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
Sackett, William, head, b. Oct 1852, 47, m. 20 y, b. Na?, father b. US, mother b. US, day laborer, house rented
Sackett, Emma, wife, b. May 1855, 45, m. 20y, 5 ch, all living, b. OH, father, b. IN, mother b. —,
Sackett, Delaicy, son, b. Nov 1883, 16, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN, day laborer
Sackett, Sara L, dau, b. Apr 1885, 15, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Theodore, son, b. Feb 1887, 13, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Laurence, son, b. Dec 1889, 10, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN.
- 1910 United States census
T624_345, p. 9A, FHL 1374358
Miller, Dearborn, Indiana
Sackett, Theodore, head, 23, m1. 2y, b. IN, father b. —, mother b. —, farmer, general farm, own acc, rented
Sackett, Iona, wife, 22, m1. 2y, 2 ch, 1 living, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Loren, son, 5/12, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN.
- 1920 United States census
T625_428, p. 6B
Miller, Dearborn, Indiana
Sackett, Theodore R, head, 32, married, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN, farm laborer, general farm, worker, home owned free of mortgage
Sackett, Iona, wife, 32, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN
Sackett, Lorn C , son, 10, b. IN, father b. IN, mother b. IN.
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
Descendants of William Sackett
|Last Edited||28 Jan 2017|