In 1841 William was living at Westmorland? Street, St Leonard, Shoreditch, Tower Hamlets, MiddlesexG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, a shoemaker, aged 20+ and born in Middlesex. Living with him were his wife Mary, 20+, and their son William, aged 1½. Their daughter Mary, who would have nearly three, was not listed in their household.9
William was recorded in the Poor Law records in ShoreditchG on 4 September 1856, shortly before his death. He was ill with tuberculosis. He had lived in Shoreditch since his marriage. His wife Mary and his daughter Mary, aged 18, were named in the record. After William's death, a further record for Mary and her daughter was made on 2 October 1856, indicating their dependency on the parish.10,11
Children of William Sackett and Mary Ann Phoebe Lloyd
Notes & Citations
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1856. Sackett, William, 38. Shoreditch. 1c:129."
- Poor Law records.
- Burials Register, City of London and Tower Hamlets Cemetery, digital image, Ancestry.com, "28 Sep 1856, William Sackett, of Rempton Place, Hoxton, 39 yrs."
- Marriages Register, St Mary, Islington, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "30 January 1837, William Sackett, otp, bachelor, & Mary Ann Phoebe Lloyd, otp, spinster. Both signed. Witnesses: Charles Stratton, Joseph Robert."
- Date of birth based on age at second marriage.
- Marriages Register, St Philip's, Bethnal Green, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "13 June 1869, John George Barton, 49, widower, lamp manufacturer, of 52 Baxter Road, father: John Barton, cabinet maker; and Mary Ann Phoebe Sackett, 48, widow, of Baxter Road, father: George Frederick Lloyd, upholsterer. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Thomas Ekins, Jane Hanson."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, HO107; Piece 705; Book: 2; Civil Parish: St Leonard Shoreditch; County: Middlesex;
Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 24; Page: 1; Line: 18; GSU roll: 438816
Westmorland? Street, St Leonard, Shoreditch, Tower Hamlets, Middlesex
William Sackett, 20+, shoe m, b. Middlesex
Mary Sackett, 20+, shoe m, b. Middlesex
William Sackett, 1½, b. Middlesex.
- "London, England, Selected Poor Law Removal and Settlement Records, 1698–1930", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Shoreditch, settlement papers, 4 Sep 1856, Sackett, Wm, 39. 4 Remston place, Mintern St. Wife Mary. 1 child Mary 18. Marr'd at Islington 30 Jan 1837, certif'e at Home. Husb'd ill of consumption. Irremovable, lived in p'sh since marriage. Lived at 4 Remston Pl: since 1 April last; bef. that 24 Provost St – 2 years, 4 Eagle St – 9 mos, Pimlico Walk – 2½ years, Essex St – 2 or 3 years." Marginal note "Irremovable by residence."
- "London, England, Selected Poor Law Removal and Settlement Records, 1698–1930", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Shoreditch, settlement papers, 2 Oct 1856, Sackett, Mary, 35. 40 Dorchester St. 1 child Mary, 18. Husband Wm died 23 Sep 1856 at 4 Rimston Place, Mintern St." Marginal note "Irremovable at present."
|Last Edited||30 May 2017|