George S Sackett
|Father||Gad Sheldon Sacket (1807-1872)|
|Mother||Elmina Miller (1807-1882)|
In 1850 George was living in TurinG in the household of his parents Sheldon and Elmina, and was recorded in the census as George Sacket, aged eight and born in New York.3
In 1860 he was living in TurinG in the household of his parents Gad and Elmina, and was recorded as George S Sackett, aged 18.4
George and his brother Martin were appointed administrators of their father's estate by the County Court in Lowville, Lewis CountyG, on 16 August 1872.5
Child of George S Sackett and Ida Bowman
- Leon Sheldon Sackett b. c 1876
Notes & Citations
- Franklin Benjamin Hough, History of Lewis County, New York, D Mason & Co, Syracuse, NY (1883), digital image, Internet Archive (archive.org), p xxv Personal Statistics, "Sackett, George S, p o Houseville, hop grower and dairy farmer, 120 acres, born in Turin, May 7, 1842, settled on present farm in 1872, has been assessor one term; wife, Ida Bowman, of Pinckney, married February 24, 1870; one child—Leon Sheldon. Parents, Sheldon and Elmina Sackett, the former a son of Joel, one of early settlers of town."
- "Connecticut, Hale Cemetery Inscriptions and Newspaper Notices, 1629–1934" (Ancestry image), 9:22, Inscription, Center Cemetery, Colebrook, Litchfield County, "Sackett, George S, born May 7, 1842, died Apr 1, 1917."
- 1850 United States census
Roll 523, p 66a
Turin, Lewis, New York
Sacket, Sheldon, 43, farmer, real estate $4000, b. MA
Sacket, Elmirah, 44, b. NY
Sacket, James, 17, b. NY
Sacket, Lucina, 15, b. NY
Sacket, Lydia, 11, b. NY
Sacket, George, 8, b. NY
Sacket, Harrison, 6, b. NY
Sacket, Charles, 2, b. NY
Smitling, Joseph, 15, b. NY.
- 1860 United States census
Roll M653_777, p 204, FHL film 803777
Turin, Lewis, New York
Sackett, Gad S, 53, farmer, real estate $6000, personal estate $1200, b. MA
Sackett, Almira, 53, b. NY
Sackett, Lydia, 21, b. NY
Sackett, George S, 18, b. NY
Sackett, Alson C, 15, b. NY
Sackett, Charles, 11, b. NY
Sackett, James M, 28, farmer, personal estate $1400, b. NY
Sackett, Susan E, 23, b. NY.
- "New York, Wills and Probate Records, 1659–1999" (Ancestry image), Letter of Administration. Gad S Sacket, of Turin, Lewis County, NY, died intestate. Martin J Sacket & George S Sacket appointed administrators of estate. County Court, Lowville, Lewis County, 16 Aug 1872.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||4 Sep 2022|