Harry Hewitt Sackett
|Father||Harry Sackett (1879-1942)|
|Mother||Charlotte Goozee (c 1876-1943)|
In 1911 Harry was living at 137 Hoxton Street, HoxtonG, in the household of his parents Harry and Charlotte, and was recorded in the census as Harry Hewitt Sackett, aged four and born in Shoreditch.5
Harry returned from South Africa, arriving in London from Cape Town on 27 January 1927 on the Llanstephan Castle. His UK address was 46 Bath Road, Harrow-on-the-Hill. He was then a 20-year-old student. As his last permanent residence was given as South Africa, it would appear he had spent some time there. He intended to become permanently resident in England.6
Harry's widow Eileen was granted administration on 18 March 1943 of his father Harry's estate, valued at £157.7
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1906. Sackett, Harry Hewitt. Mother: Goozee. Shoreditch. 1c:35."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Hoxton, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "2 Sep 1906 Harry Hewitt Sackett, b. 5 Aug 1906, s. Harry & Charlotte Sackett, of 137 Hoxton St, boot retailer."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1927. Sackett, Harry. Spouse: O'Boyle. Brentford. 3a:588."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1927. O'Boyle, Eileen M J. Spouse: Sackett. Brentford. 3a:588."
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 137 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, London N
Harry Sackett, head, 31, married, boot retailer, employer, b. London, Haggerston
Charlotte Sackett, wife, 34, 2 ch, both living, assists in business, b. London, Bethnal Green
Harry Hewitt Sackett, son, 4, b. London, Shoreditch
Stanley Goozee Sackett, son, 3, b. London, Shoreditch
Evangeline Stapleton, servant, 17, general servant (domestic), b. Bermondsey.
- "UK Incoming Passenger Lists 1878–1960", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Harry Hewitt Sackett, 20, student, British, Llanstephan Castle 3rd class, arr. 27 Jan 1927 London, from Cape Town, South Africa, UK address 46 Bath Rd, Harrow-on-Hill, last permanent residence South Africa, intended permanent residence England."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Harry of 105 Station-parade Harrogate died 3 December 1942 Administration Llandudno 18 March 1943 to Eileen Mary Josephine Sackett widow. Effects £157 11s. 2d."
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Martin Sackett of Childerditch|
|Charts||Line 7 (English)|
|Last Edited||6 Nov 2016|