Dorothy Annie Sackett
|Father||Thomas Sackett (c 1867-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Ward (1870-)|
In 1911 Dorothy was living at 36 Landsen Road, HoveG, in the household of her parents Thomas and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Dorothy Annie Sackett, aged six and born in Hove.5
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Herbert and Dorothy were living at 36 Landseer Road, Hove, SussexG. Herbert was a painter engineer. Dorothy's widowed mother Annie was living with them.6
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1904. Sackett, Dorothy Annie. Mother: Ward. Steyning. 2b:252."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1936. Sackett, Dorothy A. Spouse: Cox. Hove. 2b:826."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1936. Cox, Herbert W G. Spouse: Sackett. Hove. 2b:826."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 36 Landsen Rd, Hove, Sussex
Thomas Sackett, head, 43, married, 1 ch, living, motor bus driver, Brighton & Hove United Omnibus Company, b. Ramsgate
Annie Sackett, wife, 42, m. 16y, b. Northamptonshire
Dorothy Annie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Hove.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Cox household, 36 Landseer Road, Hove, Sussex: Herbert W G Cox, b. 10 May 1909, married, painter engineer; Dorothy A Cox, b. 7 Jun 1904, married, unpaid domestic duties; 1 closed record; Annie Sackett, b. 28 Mar 1870, widow, unpaid domestic duties; Lily R Clifford, b. 1902, married, publishers clerk; Frances M Codling, b. 1904, widow, publishers clerk.
|Last Edited||6 November 2016|