In 1851 John's widow was living at 11 Augustus Row, Bermondsey, SurreyG, and was recorded in the census as Emmeline Sackett, an annuitant, a widow, aged 55 and born in Deptford, Kent. Living with her was her 17-year-old son Samuel.8
Child of John Sackett and Emmeline Alice (Hibben) Myers
- Samuel John Sackett+ b. 5 Jan 1834, d. 8 Aug 1907
Notes & Citations
- His wife was described in the 1851 census as a widow.
- A record of John's first marriage has not been found. Both John and Emmeline were described as widowed at the date of their marriage. It is noted that John's son Samuel was born some four years before John's marriage to Emmerline and it is tempting to assign Samuel to the first marriage. However, Samuel's baptism record would appear to state that he was Emmeline's son.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1838. Sackett, John. Newington. 4:350."
- Marriages Register, St Mary, Newington, Surrey, "19 August 1838 John Sackett, widower, full age, shipwright, & Emmerlin Alice Myers, widow, full age, both of 9 Trafalgar Street. Fathers: John Sackett (dec'd), & John Hibben (dec'd). Witnesses: Wm Williams, Maria Mason."
- Website Behind the Name Website (http://www.behindthename.com/), Emmeline: medieval pet form of Emma.
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Sep qtr 1875. Sackett, Emeline Alice, 90. Camberwell. 1d:482."
"Sep qtr 1875. Sackett, Emmeline Alice, 90. Camberwell. 1d:481."
- 1851 England census
11 Augustus Row, Bermondsey, Surrey
Emmeline Sackett, [relationship blank], widow, 55, annuitant, b. Kent, Deptford
Samuel J. Sackett, son, 17, boot mkr. appr., b. Surrey, Bermondsey
|Last Edited||7 Mar 2010|