|Father||Henry Sackett (1657-before 1702)|
|Mother||Catherine Burges (c 1665-)|
Charles had obtained a licence on 24 December 1715 to marry Mary Baker at St George or St Mary Bredin, Canterbury, or at Hernhill, Kent. He was a bachelor and she a spinster and they were both of Hernhill. A record of marriage has not been found. A second licence was issued on 3 February 1716/17 for a marriage to Elizabeth Mitchell. Charles was described in this licence as a bachelor and it would appear therefore that the first marriage did not take place.5
Child of Charles Sackett and Elizabeth Mitchell
- Elizabeth Sackett b. 4 Jan 1718
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John in Thanet, Kent, "1 April 1694 Charles s. Henry & Catherin Sackett."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "3 February 1716 Charles Sackett, of Hernhill, bachelor, & Elizabeth Mitchell, of Boughton Blean, spinster. At Boughton Blean."
- Marriages Register, SsPeter & Paul, Boughton under Blean, Kent (Findmypast image), "7 Feb 1716/17, Charles Sackett, bachelor, from Hernhill, & Elisab Mitchell, spinster, of this parish."
- Burials Register, Boughton under Blean, Kent (FamilySearch transcript), "5 Jun 1739, Eliz Sackett wife of Charles Sackett."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "24 December 1715 Charles Sackett, bachelor, & Mary Baker, spinster, both of Hernhill. At St George or St Mary Bredin Canterbury or Hernhill."
|Sackett line||5th great-grandson of William Sackett of St John in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
|Last Edited||21 Oct 2019|