Thomas's parents have not been identified, although he may have been the Thomas Sackett baptized at St John in Thanet in November 1693, the son of Richard Sackett, or the Thomas Sackett baptized at St John in Thanet in February 1696/97, the son of Paul Sackett.
Thomas made his will at St John in ThanetG on 19 February 1752. He left his house, goods and chattels to his wife Anne, with reversion of the house to his children, Thomas, Mary, and John. The will was proved on 8 July 1768.6
Date: 19 February 1752.
Proved: Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 8 July 1768.
Source: National Archives, Kew, PROB 11/941.
Testator: Thomas Sackett, fisherman, St John the Baptist, Margate, Thanet.
Wife Ann, house, goods & chattels.
Children Thomas, Mary, & John, reversion of house if Ann has not been obliged by necessity or poverty to sell or mortgage it while she is a widow.
Witnesses: Margaret Ovenden, Rachell Holbourne, ___ Holbourne.
Children of Thomas Sackett and Ann Moyse
Notes & Citations
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "16 January 1753 Thomas Sackett."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "24 February 1717/18 Thomas Sackett, bachelor, & Ann Moyse, spinster, both of Margate. At St John in Thanet or Harbledown."
- Marriages Register, Harbledown Church, Kent (Transcript), "24 February 1717/18 Thomas Sackett & Ann Moyse."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, database, Ancestry.com, "7 Jul 1695, Ann Moyse, d. of Thomas Moyse and Mary."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "22 January 1775 Anne Sackett, widow of Thomas, 82."
- Will of Thomas Sackett of St John in Thanet, Kent, 19 Feb 1752, proved at Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 8 Jul 1768 (National Archives, PROB 11/810 quire 210).
|Last Edited||20 Jun 2021|