|Father||Martin VanBuren Sackett (1840-1914)|
|Mother||Susan Amy Booth (1845-1886)|
In 1880 David was living in Redford, Wayne County, MichiganG, in the household of his parents Martin and Susan, and was recorded in the census as David Sackett, aged six months and born in Michigan.4
David completed a World War I draft registration card on 12 September 1918. He was aged 38 and was living at 24 Rieden, Detroit, Wayne CountyG, with his wife Christina. He was a switchman on the Michigan Central Railroad.5
Child of David Sackett and Minnie Gottschalk
- Martin Sackett b. 7 Jan 1904
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of Captain Richard Sackett|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database, 14088 David Sackett.
- "Ontario, Canada, Marriages", digital image, Ancestry.com, "14 Nov 1907, at Windsor, Essex County, Ontario, David Sackett, 28, of Detroit, b. Michigan, widower, machinist, Methodist, father Martin Sackett, mother Susan Booth; to Christina Most, 26, of Detroit, b. Germany, spinster, Methodist, father John Most, mother Veronika Waidelich. License. Witnesses: Jean Manning of Windsor, Louisa Curtis of Windsor. Married by T Manning."
- Marriage record.
- 1880 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1254610 NA T9-0610/323C (TEK)
Redford, Wayne, Michigan
Martin Sackett, head, married, 40, b. MI, laborer, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Susen Sackett, wife, 35, b. MI, keeps house, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Nellie Sackett, dau, 13, b. MI, at school, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Olivia Sackett, dau, 8, b. MI, at school, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Eva Sackett, dau, 6, b. MI, at home, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Cora Sackett, dau, 4, b. MI, at home, father b. MI, mother b. MI
Ettie Sackett, dau, 2, b. MI, at home, father b. MI, mother b. MI
David Sackett, son, 6 months, b. MI, at home, father b. MI, mother b. MI.
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Michigan, Detroit City no 23, Rolls 1675368 and 2032674.
"Serial no 3162, Order no 963, David Sackett, 24 Rieden, Detroit, Wayne, Mich., age 38, b. 29 Nov 1879, white, native born, switchman, Mich. Central Railroad, Mich. Cent. Yard, Detroit, Wayne, Mich., nok: Christina Sackett, 24 Rieden, Detroit, Wayne, Mich., Registrant: medium ht, stout build, blue eyes, dark brown hair, no disabilities. Reg Detroit, Mich., 12 Sep 1918."
|Last Edited||27 December 2013|