James Parker Sackett
|Father||Hiram W Sackett (1814-1899)|
|Mother||Helen Parker (1814-)|
(Src: Alice Sackett)
James Parker Sackett gallery
James served in the Union army during the US Civil War, enlisting at Palermo, Oswego County, New York StateG, on 1 September 1864. He was discharged from Company I, 184th Regiment of New York Volunteers, at City Point, Virginia, on 29 June 1865.2
In 1900 James was living at Vermontville Township, Eaton County, MichiganG, and was recorded in the census as James Sackett, a farm laborer, head of household, aged 52, born August 1847 in New York State, married 30 years. Living with him were his wife Mary, 53, and their son, Hale, aged seven.6
Child of James Parker Sackett and Mary A Warner
- Hale Bertram Sackett+ b. 26 Jul 1892, d. 10 Sep 1974
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "7295. James P. Sackett, b. Aug. 18, 1847."
- Email from Alice Sackett to Chris Sackett, May 2011.
- "Michigan, Marriage Records, 1867–1952", digital image, Ancestry.com, "31 Aug 1913, at Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan, James P Sackett, 66, of Grand Rapids, b. Oswego Co, NY, occ. none, prev. m. once, father Hiram Sackett, mother Helen Parker; to Mary E Rincker / Joslin, 58, of Grand Rapids, b. Wayne Co, NY, rooming house propr, prev. m. once, father Quartus Joslin, mother Mariah Brown. By Geo D Barden, JP. Witnesses: Harley W Preston, Gertrude E Preston, both of Grand Rapids."
- Website Michigan Marriages 1868–1925 (Family Search) (http://pilot.familysearch.org/), film 2342701, digital GS number 4209234, image 522, ref v 3 p 98 rn 12227, "James P. Sackett, aged 66, b. Oswego Co. N.Y., occupation none, (s. Hiram Sackett & Helen Parker) and Mary E. Joslin Rincker, aged 58, b. Wayne Co. N.Y., rooming house proprietor, (d. Quartus Joslin & Mariah Brown), m. 31 Aug 1913, at Grand Rapids, Kent, Michigan."
- 1900 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, roll T623_709, p 1A, Enumeration District 79,
"Sackett, James L?, head, 52, b. Aug 1847, m. 30y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. Scotland, farm laborer
Sackett, Mary A, wife, 53, b. Sep 1846, m. 30y, 5 ch. 3 living, b. MI, father b. VT, mother b. Canada Eng [?]
Sackett, Hale B, son, 7, b. Jul 1892, b. MI, father b. NY, mother b. MI, at school."
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 8040|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Capt Richard Sackett of New York|
|Last Edited||28 Oct 2018|