Henry Samuel "Harry" Sackett
|Father||William Sackett (c 1840-1886)|
|Mother||Mary Greenwood (c 1839-1933)|
In 1881 Henry was living at 7 Kramer Mews, London, MiddlesexG, in the household of his parents William and Mary, and was recorded in the census as Harry Sackett, aged ten and born in London.9
In 1901 he was living at 27 Hannell Road, Fulham, LondonG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a horse keeper (groom), head of household, married, aged 29, and born in Fulham. Living with him were his wife Mary, aged 25, and born in Fulham, and their children, Lily, 4, Richard, 2, and Edward, aged two months.10
In 1911 he was living at 36 Hannell Road, FulhamG, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, a motor cleaner, head of household, aged 42 and born in Westminster. Living with him were his wife Mary, 39, and their children, Lily, 14, Richard, 12, Emily, 7, Leonard, 5, Frank, 2, and Joseph, aged nine months. Visitors in the household were Samuel Tomlin and Emma Tomlin, assumed to be Mary's brother-in-law and sister.11
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Harry and Mary were living at 36 Hannell Road, FulhamG. Harry was a car washer.12
Children of Henry Samuel "Harry" Sackett and Mary Perrin
- Edith Sackett b. 21 Apr 1892, d. 1896
- Alfred Henry Sackett b. 1895, d. 1895
- Lily Emma Sackett b. 1896
- Richard Henry Sackett b. 3 Nov 1898, d. 1967
- Edward Thomas Sackett b. 1901, d. 1904
- Emily Alice Sackett b. 1903
- Leonard Samuel Sackett+ b. 1906, d. 1938
- Frank Sackett b. 27 Mar 1909, d. 1974
- Joseph Sackett b. 1910, d. 1913
- Henry Edward Sackett b. 25 Mar 1914, d. Apr 1991
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1871. Sackett, Henry Samuel. Mother: Greenwood. St Geo H Sq. 1a:351."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1942. Sackett, Harry, 72. Fulham."
"Dec qtr 1942. Sackett, Henry S, 72. Fulham."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1891. Sackett, Harry. Fulham. 1a:346."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1891. Perrin, Mary. Fulham. 1a:346."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales.
- Marriages Register, St Andrew, Fulham, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "29 March 1891, Harry Sackett, 20, bachelor, horse keeper, of 49 Chessin Rd, father: William Sackett (deceased), greengrocer; and Mary Perrin, 18, spinster, of 49 Chessin Rd, father: Robert Perrin, carman. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: A Sawyer, Ellen Evans."
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, FHL 1341011, PRO RG11/0049/108/11
7 Kramer Mews
William Sackett, head, married, 41, b. Ramsgate, Kent, provision dealer
Mary Sackett, wife, 43, b. Brighton, Sussex
John Sackett, son, 16, b. Ramsgate
Harry Sackett, son, 10, b. London, Middlesex
Lizzie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Kensington, Middlesex
George Edward Sackett, son, 6, b. W Brompton, Middlesex
George Barber, other, 21, b. Brighton, Sussex, ostler 8.1[?].
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 55/8
27 Hannell Road (3 rooms)
Henry Sackett, head, married, 29, horse keeper (groom), worker, b. Fulham
Mary Sackett, wife, 25, b. Fulham
Lily Sackett, dau, 4, b. Fulham
Richard Sackett, son, 2, b. Fulham
Edward Sackett, son, 2 months, b. Fulham.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 289
36 Hannell Rd, Fulham, London SW
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married 20y, 9 ch, 6 living, motor cleaner, Wimbledon, worker, b. Westminster, London
Mary Sackett, wife, 39, b. Fulham, London
Lily Sackett, dau, 14, factory hand, electric lamp maker, Hammersmith, worker, b. Fulham
Richard Sackett, son, 12, b. Fulham
Emily Sackett, dau, 7, b. Fulham
Leonard Sackett, son, 5, b. Fulham
Frank Sackett, son, 2, b. Fulham
Joseph Sackett, son, 9 mts, b. Fulham
Samuel Tomlin, visitor, 31, married, labourer general, worker, b. Fulham
Emma Tomlin, ["sister" deleted] visitor, 28, married, general ironer, laundry, worker, b. Fulham.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 36 Hannell Road, Fulham, London: Harry S Sackett, b. 28 May 1871, married, car washer; Mary Sackett, b. 25 Oct 1874, married, unpaid domestic duties; Emily Ware (later Cook), b. 1924, single, factory hand.
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Last Edited||19 August 2018|