William Milton Sackett
|Father||Ralph Howard Sackett (1878-1940)|
|Mother||Flora Christina Jordan (1882-1975)|
In 1930 William was living at New London Road, Hortonia, Outagamie County, WisconsinG, in the household of his parents Ralph and Flora, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, aged nine and born in Wisconsin.6
William enlisted in the US Army, Puerto Rican department, on 26 October 1939. He served in Europe during the Second World War and participated in the Battle of the Bulge.7
In 1951 William and Aileen were living at 1620 North Charlotte, Appleton, Outagamie County, WisconsinG. William was a painter working for the Outdoor Advertising Company.8
Children of William Milton Sackett
|Sackett line||10th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Death record.
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "William M Sackett, b. Jul 28, 1920, d. Apr 10, 2006, SSN 389-18-9554 issued WI, residence King, Wisconsin, 54946, county Waupaca."
- Website Wichmann-Fargo Funeral Homes (http://www.wichmannfuneralhomes.com), Obituary.
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- Thurmon King's database, 15173 Milton William Sackett.
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll: 2603; Page: 3B; Enumeration District: 0031; Image: 861.0; FHL microfilm: 2342337
New London Rd, Hortonia, Outagamie County, Wisconsin, 23 Apr 1930
Sackett, Ralph, home rented, $20, not farm, 51, m. at 24, b. WI, father b. NY, mother b. NY, carpenter, own account
Sackett, Flora, wife, 47, m. at 20, b. WI, father b. Scotland, mother b. Canada English, thread cutter, garment factory
Sackett, James, son, 23, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Claude, son, 19, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Adelia, dau, 17, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Garna, dau, 15, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, William, son, 9, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI
Sackett, Earl, son, 4 10/12, b. WI, father b. WI, mother b. WI.
- "US World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938–1946", database, Ancestry.com, "William M Sackett, b. WI, 1866 [sic: 1920], res. Waupaca, WI, enlisted 26 Oct 1939, at Camp Ruston, Puerto Rican Department, regular army, educ 4 yrs college, ht 40 [sic], wt 884 [sic]. [Awaiting corrections to Ancestry transcript]."
- "US City Directories, 1822-1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, Appleton, Wisconsin, 1951, "Sackett William M (Aileen) pntr Outdoor Adv Co 1620 N Charlotte*3-4881."
|Last Edited||7 January 2019|