Ambrose S Sackett
|Father||Amos Sackett1 (c 1800-after 1880)|
|Mother||Lucinda Knickerbocker1 (c 1801-1848)|
In 1850 Ambrose was living in Salisbury, Litchfield County, ConnecticutG, and was recorded in the census as Ambrose Sacket, a collier, aged 26 and born in Connecticut. Living with him were his wife Lydia, 25, and their children, Marvin, 6, and Norman, aged one month. There was also a male laborer in the household.5
Ambrose, then of Trumbull, Fairfield CountyG, served the Union during the American Civil War, enlisting in the 12th Connecticut Volunteer Regiment on 20 June 1862.3,6,7
Children of Ambrose S Sackett and Lydia A Ball
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database.
- Register of Deaths of Volunteers, 1861–1865, United States Civil War, digital image, Ancestry.com, "Ambrose Sackett, d. 20 Jun 1862, anaemia, Regimental Hospital, enlisted CT, Private, Company I, 12 Conn V Regiment."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Ambrose S., m. Lydia A. Ball, b. of Sharon, Sept. 3, 1843, by Rev. Almarin Ackley. Sharon Vital Records, R22:467."
- 1850 US census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, Roll M432_42, p. 37
Salisbury, Litchfield, Connecticut
Sacket, Ambrose, 26, m, Collier, b. CT
Sacket, Lydia, 25, f, b. CT
Sacket, Marvin, 6, m, b. CT
Sacket, Norman, 1/12, m, b. CT
Bishop, Dean, 29, m, laborer, b. CT.
- "US Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles, 1861–1865", database, Ancestry.com, "Ambrose S Sackett, Union, Company I, 12th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry, Private."
- Record of Service of Connecticut Men in the Army and Navy of the United States during the War of the Rebellion (Hartford, Conn: Press of The Case, Lockwood & Brainard Company, 1889), History of the Twelfth Regiment CV Infantry, 495, Privates, "Sackett, Ambrose S, of Trumbull, enlisted Dec 21, '61, mustered Dec 27, '61, died June 20, '62."
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Sackett line||4th great-grandson of John Sackett of New Haven|
|Charts||Line 4 (American)|
|Last Edited||2 Dec 2016|