|Father||Walter John Sackett (1826-1866)|
|Mother||Sarah Elizabeth Mills (1826-1859)|
In 1851 William was living at Union Passage, Birmingham, WarwickshireG, and was recorded in the census as William Sackett, aged 11 months and born in Aston, Warwickshire, the son of Walter Sackett.2
In 1861 he was living at 9 Highgate, Aston, Birmingham, WarwickshireG, in the household of his widowed father Walter, and was recorded as William Sackett, a scholar, aged ten and born in Birmingham.4
William emigrated to the United States, arriving in New York on 11 June 1867, but records of him there have not yet been found.5,6
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1850. Sackett, William. Mother: Mills. Birmingham. 16:412."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/2055/f.58p.11
Union Passage, [nr. New St.]
Walter J. SACKETT, head, married, 25, bookseller, b. Essex, Billericay
Sarah E. SACKETT, wife, 25, b. Warwickshire, Aston
Mary SACKETT, dau, 3, b. Warwickshire, Aston
William SACKETT, son, 11 months, b. Warwickshire, Aston
Mary A. CHILLS, serv., unmarried, 23, gen. serv., b. Warwickshire, Aston.
- Baptism, Bordesley, Warwickshire (IGI), "6 July 1857 William s. Walter John Sackett & Sarah Elizabeth."
- 1861 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, RG9, piece 2172, folio 19, p. 32, GSU roll 542929
9 Highgate, Aston, Birmingham, Warwickshire
Walter J Sackett, head, widower, 35, publisher, b. Essex, Billericay
Mary M E Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Warwick, Birmingham
William Sackett, son, 10, scholar, b. Warwick, Birmingham
Sydney Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Warwick, Birmingham
Margaret S Gilles?, visitor, widow, 39, assistant, b. Warwick, Birmingham
Ellen S Gilles?, visitor, 13?, scholar, b. Middlesex, Chelsea
Harriett Rayboult?, servant, widow, 38, cook, b. Somerset, Nailsea
Ann Savon?, servant, unm, 21, housemaid, b. Gloster, Rainswick.
- Website CastleGarden.org: America's First Immigration Center (http://www.castlegarden.org), entry for William Sackett, clerk, 17, origin England, arrived 11 June 1867 on the Malta.
- "New York Passenger Lists 1851–1891", database, Ancestry.com, entry for William Sackett, 17, origin England, arrived 11 June 1867 from Liverpool via Queenstown, Ireland, on the Malta.
|Last Edited||25 November 2016|