Alice Maud Sackett
|Father||Alfred Thomas Sackett (1866-1948)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Arthur (c 1861-1919)|
In 1901 Alice was living at North Embankment, Dartmouth, DevonG, in the household of her parents Alfred and Elizabeth, and was recorded in the census as Alice Sackett, aged eight and born in Dartmouth.7
In 1911 she was living at Mayor's Avenue, Dartmouth, DevonG, in the household of her parents Alfred and Elizabeth, and was recorded as Alice Maud Sackett, a dressmaker, aged 18 and born in Dartmouth.8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Fred and Alice were living at 9 Britannia Avenue, Dartmouth, DevonG. Fred was a goods carman on the Great Western Railway.9
Child of Alice Maud Sackett and Fred Marchant
- Marjorie P Marchant b. 1920
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Dec qtr 1892. Sackett, Alice Maud. Mother: Arthur. Totnes. 5b:155."
- Death record.
- 1939 Register.
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916–2007", database, Ancestry.com, "Mar qtr 1970. Marchant, Alice Maud, b. 21 Oct 1892. Torbay. 7a:2697."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1916. Sackett, Alice M. Spouse: Marchant. Totnes. 5b:381."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1916. Marchant, Fred. Spouse: Sackett. Totnes. 5b:381."
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 2070/26v
North Embankment, Dartmouth, Devon
Alfred Sackett, head, married, 34, general labourer, b. Teignmouth, Devon
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 39, b. Truro, Cornwall
Arthur Sackett, son, 10, b. Teignmouth
Alice Sackett, dau, 8, b. Dartmouth
Thomas Clarke, boarder, single, 20, bricklayer's labourer, worker, b. Lucland[?], Somerset
John H Moore, boarder, single, 19, bricklayer's labourer, worker, b. Dunstone, Devon.
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Mayor's Avenue, Dartmouth, Devon
Alfred Thomas Sackett, head, 44, married, licensed boatman, own account, at home, b. Devon, Teignmouth
Elizabeth Sackett, wife, 48, m. 22y, 2 ch, both living, b. Cornwall, Truro
Arthur Thomas Sackett, son, 20, single, apprentice engineer fitter, marine engineers, worker, b. Devon, Teignmouth
Alice Maud Sackett, dau, 18, single, dressmaker, own account, b. Devon, Dartmouth
George Harold Hutchings, boarder, 21, single, engineer fitter, marine engineers, worker, b. Devon, Torcross.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Marchant household, 9 Britannia Avenue, Dartmouth M B, Devon: Fred Marchant, b. 23 Jun 1892, married, GWR goods carman, heavy worker; Alice M Marchant, b. 21 Oct 1892, married, unpaid domestic duties.
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||30 Nov 2016|