Frank Gordon Sackett
|Father||Frank Sackett (1848-1897)|
|Mother||Clara Jane L Griffiths (1864-1940)|
In 1891 Frank was living at Rydalmount, Grove Hill Road, Woodford, EssexG, and was recorded in the census as Frank G Sackett, aged five and born in Woodford, son of Frank Sackett.12
In 1911 he was living at 35 St Albans Road, Woodford Green, EssexG, and was recorded as Frank Gordon Sackett, an insurance clerk, head of household, aged 26 and born in Woodford. Living with him were his wife Alice, 28, and their son Geoffrey, aged one. James and Sophie Harper, visitors in the household, may have been Alice's parents.13
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Frank and his second wife, Olive, were living at Compton, High Street, Ninfield nr. Battle, Hailsham, SussexG. Frank was a retired actuary.14 Frank's first wife, Alice, was living at 3 & 5 Connaught Avenue, Frinton-on-Sea, EssexG, with her son Geoffrey. She owned a cafe and Geoffrey was the manager.15
Frank left a will which was proved on 20 July 1945 by his daughter (Helen) Margaret and by "Alice Sackett single woman" who has not been identified. His estate was valued at £2,247.16
Children of Frank Gordon Sackett and Alice Harper
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of Thomas Sackett|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Mar qtr 1886. Sackett, Frank Gordon. Mother: Griffiths. W Ham. 4a:247."
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1945. Sackett, Frank G, 59. Hove."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1909. Sackett, Frank Gordon. Guildford. 2a:125."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1932. Sackett, Frank G. Spouse: Trundle. Birmingham. 6d:998."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1932. Sackett, Frank G. Spouse: Oliver. Birmingham. 6d:998."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1932. Trundle, Olive M. Spouse: Sackett. Birmingham. 6d:998."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1932. Oliver, Olive M. Spouse: Sackett. Birmingham. 6d:998."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Mar qtr 1950. Sackett, Olive M. Spouse: Wilson. Hove. 5h:505."
"Mar qtr 1950. Wilson, Charles C. Spouse: Sackett. Hove. 5h:505."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/1359/f50v
Rydalmount, Grove Hill Road, Woodford, Essex
Frank Sackett, head, married, 42, mercantile clerk (empd), b. Orsett, Essex
Clara I/J Sackett, wife, 21, b. Liverpool, Lancs
Ethel G Sackett, dau, 6, b. Woodford
Frank G Sackett, son, 5, b. Woodford
Gladys V Sackett, dau, 4, b. Woodford
Dorothy G Sackett, dau, 2, b. Woodford
Ellen Crackwell, serv., unm, 17, domestic (empd), b. Walthamstow, Essex.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 35 St Albans Road, Woodford Green, Essex
Frank Gordon Sackett, head, 26, married, insurance clerk, worker, b. Essex, Woodford
Alice Sackett, wife, 28, m. 2y, 1 ch, living, b. Middlesex, Hanwell
Geoffrey Gordon Sackett, son, 1, b. Essex, Woodford
James Harper, visitor, 75, married, private means, b. Cambridgeshire, Thorney
Sophie Harper, visitor, 65, m. 34y, 4 ch, 3 living, b. Berks, Reading.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Compton, High Street, Ninfield nr. Battle, Hailsham, Sussex: Frank G Sackett, b. 1 Nov 1885, married, actuary retired; Olive M Sackett (later Wilson), b. 7 Apr 1898, married, unpaid domestic duties; & 1 closed record.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 3 & 5 Connaught Avenue, Frinton & Walton U D, Essex: RG101/1512C/009/18, Alice Sackett, b. 12 Oct 1882, divorced, cafe proprietress; RG101/1512C/009/19, Geoffrey A Sackett, b. 20 Jan 1910, married, cafe manager.
- "England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) 1858–1966", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Frank Gordon of 135 New Church-road Hove Sussex died 18 April 1945 Probate Lewes 20 July to Alice Sackett single woman and Helen Margaret Slater (wife of Harvey John Slater). Effects £2247 8s. 11d."
|Last Edited||25 October 2018|