Ethel G Sackett
|Father||Frank Sackett (1848-1897)|
|Mother||Clara Jane L Griffiths (1864-1940)|
In 1891 Ethel was living at Rydalmount, Grove Hill Road, Woodford, EssexG, and was recorded in the census as Ethel G Sackett, aged six and born in Woodford, daughter of Frank Sackett.5
Ethel joined the Post Office as a sorter in LondonG in June 1900.6
In 1901 she was living at 1 Madiera Villas, Snakes Lanes, Woodford, EssexG, in the household of her widowed mother Clara, and was recorded as Ethel Sackett, aged 16 and born in Woodford.7
|Sackett line||3rd great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett|
|Charts||Line 6 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1884. Sackett, "Female". Mother: Griffiths. W Ham. 4a:246."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1913. Sackett, Ethel G. Spouse: Graca. Pancras. 1b:248."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Dec qtr 1913. Graca, Jose S. Spouse: Sackett. Pancras. 1b:248."
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/1359/f50v
Rydalmount, Grove Hill Road, Woodford, Essex
Frank Sackett, head, married, 42, mercantile clerk (empd), b. Orsett, Essex
Clara I/J Sackett, wife, 21, b. Liverpool, Lancs
Ethel G Sackett, dau, 6, b. Woodford
Frank G Sackett, son, 5, b. Woodford
Gladys V Sackett, dau, 4, b. Woodford
Dorothy G Sackett, dau, 2, b. Woodford
Ellen Crackwell, serv., unm, 17, domestic (empd), b. Walthamstow, Essex.
- "British Postal Service Appointment Books, 1737–1969", digital image, Ancestry.com, "June 1900, 259946 Sackett, Ethel G, female sorter, London."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 1635/79
1 Madiera Villas, Snakes Lanes, Woodford (St Paul's) (5+ rooms)
Clara Sackett, head, widow, 37, dressmaker, own account at home, b. Liverpool
Gilbert Sackett, son, 6, b. Woodford
Ethel Sackett, dau, 16, b. Woodford
Annie Bush, serv, single, 21, general servant domestic, b. Woodford
Carl Philipson, boarder, single, 30, wine merchant, employer, b. Germany.
|Last Edited||11 November 2016|