Julia Belcher Sackett
|Father||Amos Mead Sackett (1812-1869)|
|Mother||Sarah Elisabeth Adeline Mead (c 1817-1892)|
In 1850 Julia was living in New York CityG in the household of her parents Amos and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Julia B Sackett, aged one and born in New York.3
Julia was named as a beneficiary in the will of her mother Sarah made in New York CityG on 18 June 1889. The income of the estate was to be used initially for the maintenance of Julia's invalid brother Howard. After Howard's death, she was to receive an equal share with her siblings of the residue of the estate after payment of a larger share, effectively a double share, to her brother States.4
Children of Julia Belcher Sackett and Luke B Chesebro
- Marion Chesebro b. 9 Nov 1873
- Frederick "Fred" Sackett Chesebro b. 5 Jun 1877, d. Jul 1963
4853. Julia Belcher Sackett, 1849–, daughter of (2215) Amos Mead Sackett and Sarah E. A. Mead, was married, Oct. 31, 1872, to Luke B. Chesebro.
8381. Frederick Sackett Chesebro, b. June 5, 1877.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "4853. Julia Belcher Sackett, b. July 28, 1849; m. Luke B. Chesbro."
- "Historical Newspapers, Birth, Marriage, & Death Announcements, 1851–2003", digital image, Ancestry.com, New York Times, 4 November 1872, "Married. / Chesebro'—Sackett.—On Thursday, Oct. 31, at Holy Trinity Church, 125th-st. and 5th-av., by Rev. Dr. Mandeville, Luke B. Chesebro', of Brady's Bend, Penn., to Julia B., daughter of the late Amos M. Sackett, of this City."
- 1850 US census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Roll 556, p 360a
New York Ward 17, New York, New York
Sackett, Amos M, 38, merchant, b. CT
Sackett, Sarah E, 35, b. NY
Sackett, Hannah C, 14, b. NY
Sackett, States M, 10, b. NY
Sackett, Charles E, 8, b. NY
Sackett, Julia B, 1, b. NY.
- "New York, Wills and Probate Records, 1659–1999", digital image, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||25 September 2020|