Calvin P Sackett
|Father||Calvin Pardee Sackett (1783-1853)|
|Mother||Hannah Douglass (1785-)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "4261. Calvin Sackett, m. Amelia Shaw."
- Oramel A Sackett, Family Bible Records, birth, "Calvin P. Sackett Aug. 29, 1812."
- Cooke Collection of Massachusetts genealogical records, Berkshire Athenaeum, Pittsfield, Massachusetts, 65:50, records of the Stephentown, N.Y. Presbyterian Church 1794–1825, "Oramel Almeron, Amherst Douglas, Cordelia, Culver Pardee, Lucy Lavinia, children of Calvin & Hannah Sackett, baptized 3 Jun 1818."
- It is assumed that Culver Pardee in the baptism record is the same as Calvin P.
- Website Rensselaer County, NY, USGenWeb Project, Diary of George Holcomb of Stephentown (George Holcomb) (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyrensse/), 26 Oct 1830. "Calvin P. Sackett m/ Emiline Shaw of Berlin and Hannah will be if she can to Emiline's brother. They was highly amoured in both towns with horns and guns."
- Oramel A Sackett, Family Bible Records, marriage, "Calvin P. Sackett to Emeline Shaw, May 23, 1838." It is assumed that this bible record should have read "Caroline", not "Emeline" Shaw. There is a contradiction between the bible record and George Holcomb's diary records. It would seem likely that the diary records, written contemporaneously, and listing two marriages, would be the more accurate. It may have been the case that the bible records were made at a later date.
- Website Rensselaer County, NY, USGenWeb Project, Diary of George Holcomb of Stephentown (George Holcomb) (http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyrensse/), 23 May 1838. "Calvin Sackett Jr., m/ Miss Caroline Shaw of Berlin."
|Sackett line||2nd great-grandson of Capt Richard Sackett of New York|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||10 May 2020|