|Father||Thomas Sackett (1791-1860)|
|Mother||Martha Setterfield (c 1793-1861)|
In 1841 George was living at King Street, St John, Margate, KentG, in the household of his parents Thomas and Martha, and was recorded in the census as George Sackett, aged 14 and born in Kent.7
In 1861 George's widow Emma was living at Coldharbour Square, Canterbury, KentG, and was recorded in the census as Emma Sackett, a charwoman, head of household, a widow, aged 29 and born in Canterbury. Living with her were her daughters, Sarah, 11, and Emma, aged six. Also in the household was a male boarder.8
Children of George Sackett and Emma Boreman
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "27 February 1827 George s. Thomas & Martha Sackett." [Record only in Bishops' Transcript, not in Parish Register.]
- General Register Office, Online Index to Deaths, "Mar qtr 1858. Sackett, George, 31. Thanet. 2a:458."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "22 January 1858 George Sackett, Margate, 31."
- Marriages Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "13 July 1851 George Sackett, bachelor, full age, mariner, of Margate, father Thomas Sackett, carrier, & Emma Boreman, spinster, full age, of Margate, father John Boreman, labourer. Banns. Witnesses: Harriet Phillpott, George Dixon."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Sep qtr 1851. Sackett, George. Thanet."
- 1841 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, King Street, St John, Margate, Kent
Thos Sackett, 50, carrier, b. Kent
Matha Sackett, 42, b. Kent
Thos H Sackett, 15, b. Kent
George Sackett, 14, b. Kent
Elizth Sackett, 11, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 10, b. Kent
Edwd Sackett, 8, b. Kent
Catherine Sackett, 6, b. Kent
William Sackett, 5, b. Kent
Stephen Sackett, 2, b. Kent
Entries from Thos Sackett to Eliza Sackett: HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 25; Page: 10; Line: 20/25; GSU roll: 306863.
Entries from Edwd Sackett to Stephen Sackett: HO107; Piece 468; Book: 4; Civil Parish: St John The Baptist Margate; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 11; Folio: 27; Page: 12; Lines: 1/4; GSU roll: 306863.
[Note: The enumerator skipped a page in error with the result that Edward, Catherine, William, and Stephen Sackett's entries on the first four lines of page 12 (they should be on page 11) appear to place them wrongly in an unrelated Fagg family.]
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Coldharbour Sq., Canterbury, Kent
Emma Sackett, head, widow, 29, charwoman, b. Canterbury
Sarah Sackett, dau, 11, b. Margate, Kent
Emma Sackett, dau, 6, b. Margate
William Baker, boarder, unm., 19, ag. lab., b. Canterbury
Class: RG9; Piece: 519; Folio: 117; Page: 12; GSU roll: 542654.
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||29 Nov 2016|