Mary Ann Sackett
|Father||Jeremiah Sackett (1775-1847)|
|Mother||Sarah Hodgeman (1779-1850)|
In 1841 Mary was living at Harbour Street, RamsgateG, in the household of her parents Jeremiah and Sarah, and was recorded in the census as Mary Sackett, aged 22 and born in Kent.4
In 1851 she was living at 25 Spencer Square, RamsgateG, in the household of her sister Eliza, and was recorded as Mary Ann Sackett, a private governess, unmarried, aged 30, and born in Ramsgate.5
In 1861 she was living at Stoke House School, RamsgateG, in the household of her unmarried sister Eliza, and was recorded as Mary A Sackett, a governess, unmarried, aged 42, and born in Ramsgate.6
In 1871 she was living at Stoke House School, West Cliff Road, RamsgateG, in the household of her unmarried sister Eliza, a school mistress, and was recorded as Mary A Sackett, an assistant in the school, unmarried, aged 50, and born in Ramsgate.7
|Sackett line||6th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Lawrence the Martyr, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "13 September 1818 Mary Ann d. Jeremiah & Sarah Sackett, Ramsgate."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Dec qtr 1880. Sackett, Mary Ann, 62. Thanet."
- Burials Register, St George, Ramsgate (Transcript), "24 December 1880 Mary Ann Sackett, Stoke House, Ramsgate, 62 years."
- 1841 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Harbour Street, Ramsgate, Kent
Jeremh Sackett, 65, tailor, b. Kent
Sarah Sackett, 61, b. Kent
Willm Sackett, 30, tailor, b. Kent
Eliza Sackett, 23, b. Kent
Mary Sackett, 22, b. Kent
Sarah Bayley, 12, b. Kent
Sarah Hope, 36, FS, b. Kent
HO107; Piece 469; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Preston By Wingham [error for Ramsgate]; County: Kent; Enumeration District: 4; Folio: 38; Page: 25; Line: 8; GSU roll: 306864.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1630/f.533
25 Spencer Sq.
Eliza SACKETT, head, unmarried, 32, private governess, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Mary Ann SACKETT, sister, unmarried, 30, private governess, b. Kent, Ramsgate
William SACKETT, brother, unmarried, 39, no occupation, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Sarah HOPE, cousin, unmarried, 48, domestic, b. Kent, Broadstairs.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/?
Stoke House School, Ramsgate, Kent
Eliza Sackett, head, unm., 44, governess, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Mary A Sackett, sister, unm., 42, governess, b. Ramsgate
William Sackett, brother, unm., 51, [occupation blank], b. Ramsgate
Sarah Hope, cousin, unm., 60, housekeeper, b. Broadstairs, Kent
Maria Sackett, niece, unm., 23, assistant, b. Ramsgate.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/996/f4v
Stoke House School, West Cliff Rd, Ramsgate, Kent
Eliza Sackett, head, unm., 52, school mistress, b. Ramsgate
Mary A Sackett, sister, unm., 50, assistant (in school), b. Ramsgate
Maria Sackett, niece, unm., 32, assistant (domestic), b. Ramsgate
Sarah Hope, cousin, unm., 69, housekeeper, b. Broadstairs.
|Last Edited||29 April 2010|