John Albert Reginald Sackett
|Father||George Sackett (1772-1842)|
|Mother||Sophia ___ (-1841)|
In 1851 John was living at 45 New Row, St Paul's, Deptford, KentG, and was recorded in the census as John Sacket, a surgeon, head of household, married, aged 32 and born in Kent. Living with him was his wife, Isabella, aged 28.5
No records for John have been found after the 1851 census. Isabella would appear to have been the Isabella Sackett who married Henry Woledge in Lewisham, KentG, in the June quarter 1855.6 Assuming this identification to be correct, either John had died by this date or he and Isabella had divorced. In 1861 Isabella, aged 39, was living in Deptford, KentG, with her husband Henry Woledge, 54, a grocer.7 Isabella died aged 528 and was buried at Southwark, LondonG, on 7 November 1871.9
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, Holy Trinity in the Minories, London, "29 June 1837 John Albert Reginald s. George & Sophia Sackett, City Road, b. 9 February 1820. Father's occ: gent."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Mar qtr 1848. Sackett, John Albert Reginald. St Geo Southk. 4:402", "Mar qtr 1848. Portman, Isabella. St George Southwark. 4:402."
- Marriages Register, St George the Martyr, Southwark, Surrey (IGI), "31 January 1848, John Albert Reginald Sackett, 30, bachelor, surgeon, of Blackman Street, father: George Samuel Sackett, artist; and Isabella Portman, 28, spinster, of Blackman Street, father: William Portman, baker. Banns. Both signed. Witnesses: Joseph Portman, Elizabeth [illegible]."
- "London, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813–1917", digital image, Ancestry.com, Deptford St Paul, Lewsiham, "24 Oct 1819, Isabella Portman, b. 15 Jul, d. of William Portman and Mary, of Butt Lane, baker."
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, 45 New Row, St. Pauls, Deptford, Kent
John Sacket, head, married, 32, surgeon, b. Kent
Isabella Sacket, wife, 28, b. Kent
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Jun qtr 1855. Sackett, Isabella. Lewisham. 1d:903."; "Jun qtr 1855. Woledge, Henry. Lewisham. 1d:903."
- 1861 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, Deptford St Paul, Kent
Henry Woledge, head, 54, grocer & cheesemonger, b. Deptford
Isabella Woledge, wife, 39, b. Deptford
Edward Fletcher, servant, 15, shopman
Ellen Dickson, servant, 16, house servant.
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Dec qtr 1871. Woledge, Isabella, 51. Greenwich. 1d:537."
- "UK, Burial and Cremation Index", database, Ancestry.com, "Southwark, London, 7 Nov 1871, Isabella Woledge."
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Sackett line||6th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||25 Feb 2021|