Leland Russell Sackett Sr
|Father||Frederick Brown Sackett (1859-1940)|
In 1900 Leland was living in Jefferson Precinct, Marion County, OregonG, in the household of his parents Fred and Hattie, and was recorded in the census as Leland Sackett, aged six and born in Oregon.7
Leland completed a World War I draft registration card on 23 May 1917. He was aged 23 and was single. He was living at 577 Ladd Avenue, Portland, Multnomah County, OregonG, and was a clerk at Southern Pacific railroad.2
In 1930 he was living in Sheridan, Yamhill County, OregonG, and was recorded as Leland R Sackett, an insurance agent, head of household, aged 36. He rented his home. Living with him were his wife Fannie, 33, and their children, H Elizabeth, 8, L Russell, 7, and Stanley M, aged two.8
Children of Leland Russell Sackett Sr and Fannie McKennon
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 1009|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "5476. Leland Russell Sackett, b. Dec. 24, 1891."
- "US, World War I draft registrations records 1917–1918", digital image, FamilySearch, Oregon, Multnomah, Roll 1852143, Draft board 5.
"No 55, Leland R. Sackett, age 23, 577 Ladd Ave, Portland, OR, b. 24 Dec 1893, natural born, b. Corvallis, Oregon, Clerk, Southern Pacific, Portland, Oregon, no dependents, single, white, no military service, Registrant: tall ht, slender build, blue eyes, light brown hair, not bald, no disabilities, Reg. Precinct 150, Portland, Oregon, 23 May 1917."
- US Social Security Administration, "Social Security Death Index", database, American Ancestors, "Leland Sackett, b. Dec 24, 1893, d. Mar, 1985, SSN 542-30-3288 issued OR, residence Sheridan, Oregon, 97378, county Yamhill."
- "Oregon, County Marriages, 1851–1975", digital image, FamilySearch, "15 Aug 1920, at the house of Mr & Mrs L L McKennon, Union County, Oregon, Leland R Sackett, of Lane County, Oregon; to Fannie McKennon, of Union County. By N Sherman Hawk, Pastor, First M E Church. Witnesses: V M Sackett, Letha W Packenham. License 14 Aug 1920."
- Death record.
- 1900 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, T623_1348, p. 2B, Enumeration District 140
Jefferson Precinct, Marion County, Oregon
Sackett, F B, head, b. May 1859, 41, m. 13y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, Gen'l Mdse [general merchandise]
Sackett, Hattie, wife, b. Sept 1866, 33, m. 13y, 3 ch 2 living, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY,
Sackett, Leland, son, b. Dec. 1893, 6, b. Oregon, father b. NY, mother b. NY
Sackett, Vernor, son, b. Sept 1898, 1, b. Oregon, father b. NY, mother b. NY.
- 1930 US census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, Roll 1958, p. 3B, Enumeration District 0045, Image 400.0, FHL microfilm 2341692
Sheridan, Yamhill County, Oregon, 11 Apr 1930
Sackett, Leland R, head, home rented, $20, 36, m. at 26, b. OR, father b. NY, mother b. NY, agent, insurance
Sackett, Fannie M, wife, 33, m. at 23, b. AR, father b. AR, mother b. MO, secretary, insurance office
Sackett, H Elizabeth, dau, 8, b. OR, father b. OR, mother b. AR
Sackett, L Russell, son, 7, b. OR, father b. OR, mother b. AR
Sackett, Stanley M, son, 2 8/12, b. OR, father b. OR, mother b. AR.
|Last Edited||12 March 2018|