Jessie White Sackett
|Father||Jabez Bills Sackett (1827-)|
|Mother||Esther M White (c 1830-)|
In 1870 Jessie was living in PrairievilleG in the household of her parents Jabez and Esther, and was recorded in the census as Jessie Sackett, aged seven months and born in Michigan.6
In 1880 she was living in PrairievilleG in the household of her widowed father Jabez, and was recorded as Jessie H Sacket, aged nine and born in Michigan.7
In 1910 she was living at Taylor Street, Topeka, Shawnee County, KansasG, in the household of her sister Cora and brother-in-law Walter Bush, and was recorded as Jesse W? Sacket, a dressmaker, unmarried, aged 40 and born in Michigan.8
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "3313. Jesse S. Sackett, b. Nov. 8, 1869."
- Adelbert M Dewey, Life of George Dewey, Rear Admiral, U.S.N., and Dewey Family History, Dewey Publishing Company, Westfield, MA (1898), digital image, Ancestry.com, p314, "Jabez B., Jr. [Sackett, son of Jabez Sackett & Ann Dewey], b. Feb. 1, 1827; a carpenter in Wis.; m. June 27, 1849, Esther M. White; and had 1, Clarence E., b. Nov. 3, 1852; d. Aug. 28, 1856; 2, Clara E., b. Dec. 15, 1856; 3, Rosealba, b, May 2, 1858; 4, Mary E., Feb. 9, 1862; 5, Pierre B., b. June 28, 1864; d. Dec. 12, 1874; 6, Helen F., b. June 1, 1867; 7, Jessie S., b. Nov. 8, 1869."
- "Iowa Marriage Records, 1880–1951" (Ancestry image), "17 Jul 1923, at Waterloo, Iowa, Dr Stephen Temple, of Kansas City, Kansas, osteopathic physician, 65, 2nd m., b. Lenawee County, MI, father Christopher Temple, mother Jane A Ludlow; and Jessie White Sackett, of Topeka, Kansas, 52, b. Prairieville, MI, father Jabez Bills Sackett, mother Esther M White. Witnesses: Will Blake, ??te Sackett. By J C Kelford, Baptist Minister."
- Marriage record.
- 1870 United States census
Roll M593_661, p. 240A, Image 563, FHL Film 552160
Prairieville, Barry County, Michigan, 28 Jul 1870
Sackett, Jabez E, 42, carpenter, b. PA
Sackett, Esther M, 38, keeping house, b. PA
Sackett, Cora E, 17, at home, b. PA
Sackett, Rose A, 13, at home, b. MI
Sackett, Mary, 8, at home, b. MI
Sackett, Perrie? [or Pierre?] B, 6, at home, b. MI
Sackett, Helen, 4, b. MI
Sackett, Jessie, 7/12, b. MI.
- 1880 United States census
FHL 1254571 NA T9-0571/220C (TEK)
Prairieville, Barry, Michigan
Jabez B Sacket, head, widower, 50, b. PA, carpenter, father b. MA, mother b. MA
Mary E Sacket, dau, single, 18, b. MI, keeping house, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Helen F Sacket, dau, 11, b. MI, ---, father b. PA, mother b. PA
Jessie H Sacket, dau, 9, b. MI, ---, father b. PA, mother b. PA.
- 1910 United States census
Roll T624_457, p. 1A, Enumeration District 0175, FHL microfilm 1374470
Taylor Street, Topeka, Shawnee County, Kansas, 15 Apr 1910
Bush, Walter C, head, 66, m1. 38y, b. NY, father b. NY, mother b. NY, occ. none, home rented
Bush, Cora E, wife, 57, m1. 38y, no ch, b. PA, father b. PA, mother b. PA, occ. none
Sacket, Jesse W?, sister-in-law, 40, single, b. MI, father b. PA, mother b. PA, dress maker, shop
Sacket, Susie, sister-in-law, 32, single, b. MI, father b. PA, mother b. PA, stenographer, bank
Isenhart, Jane, boarder, 44, single, b. IL, father b. PA, mother b. IL, auditing clerk, insurance co.
|Sackett line||7th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||24 May 2022|