|Father||Austin Sacket (1812-1878)|
In 1870 Austin was living at Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG, and was recorded in the census as Austin Sackett Jr, a tinner, aged 32, and born in Massachusetts. Living with him was his wife Marshia, aged 25, and born in New York.5,6
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, "2797. Austin Sackett."
- Website Sackett Family Headstones (Fred J Sackett & Thurmon King) (http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/…), "Austin Sackett Jr died Apr 16, 1911 Æ 68 Y'rs/ Marcia J Tourtellotte his wife died Feb 11, 1907 Æ 61 Y'rs" [Austin's age, 68, inscribed on the gravestone was in error; his marriage and census records indicate that he would have been about 78].
- Vital Records, Westfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts, v154, p46, marriage, "1862 Nov 27, Austin Sackett Jr, of Westfield, 24, tinner, b. Westfield, s. Austin & Charlotte, first m., & Maria J Tourtelott, of Westfield, 17, b. Union Conn, d. Smith & Maria, first m. Married by J S Bingham, Clergyman."
- 1870 Census for United States, M593_619/438
Westfield, Hampden, Massachusetts
Sackett, Austin, 57, works in whip shop, $4,000, $300, b. Mass
Sackett, Chalotte, 50, keeping house, b. Mass
Sackett, De Witt, 24, cigar maker, b. Mass
Sackett, Augusta, 17, no occupation, b. Mass
Sackett, Katie, 15, attending school, b. Mass
Sackett, Austin Jr, 32, tinner, $-, $200, b. Mass
Sackett, Marshia, 25, female, keeping house, b. New York.
- Marshia is assumed to be Austin's wife Maria, married in 1862.
|Sackett line||7th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3a (American)|
|Last Edited||19 Oct 2009|