Gladys May Sackett
|Father||Frederick Charles Sackett (1870-1925)|
|Mother||Clarissa Mary Wood (c 1868-1903)|
In 1901 Gladys was living at 20 Bath Street, Brighton, SussexG, in the household of her parents Frederick and Clarissa, and was recorded in the census as Gladys M Sackett, aged nine and born in Herne Bay.6
Gladys attended the Ipswich Municipal Secondary School, Ipswich, SuffolkG, from 8 September 1902, having previously attended the British School in Ipswich. The family were then living at 185 Princes Street. She transferred to the upper school on 4 May 1903 when the family were living at 16 Withipoll Street. She left on 13 May 1904 when the family moved to Bury St Edmunds.7,8
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Gladys was living at 69 Victoria Road, Thornton Cleveleys, LancashireG, where she had a ladies outfitters shop.9
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1891. Sackett, Gladys May. Mother: Wood. Blean. 2a:857."
- School record.
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1968. Sackett, Gladys M, 77. Hiraethog. 8a:339."
- Date from Marion Sackett.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 929/22v
20 Bath Street, Brighton (St Peter), Sussex
Frederick C Sackett, head, married, 31, provision merchant manager, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Clarissa M Sackett, wife, 33, b. Whitstable, Kent
Theodora C B Sackett, dau, 11, b. Whitstable
Gladys M Sackett, dau, 9, b. Herne Bay, Kent
Frederick H Sackett, son, 7, b. St Peter's, Kent
Richard R Sackett, son, 4, b. Ramsgate.
- "National School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870–1914", digital image, Findmypast, Ipswich Municipal Secondary, Ipswich, Suffolk, "No. 2733, adm 8 Sep 1902, Sackett, Gladys, b. 10 May 1891, of 185 Princes St, father Frederick, last sch British, left 1 May 1903, trfd to H.E."
- "National School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870–1914", digital image, Findmypast, Ipswich Municipal Secondary, Ipswich, Suffolk, "No. 958, adm 4 May 1903, Sackett, Gladys, b. 8 May 1891, of 16 Withipoll St, father Fredk Chas, left 13 May 1904, gone to Bury St Edmunds."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, Shop, 69 Victoria Road, Thornton Cleveleys U D, Lancashire: Gladys M Sackett, b. 10 May 1891, single, shop keeper ladies outfitter.
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||10 Nov 2016|