William James Sackett
|Father||Thomas Sackett (1848-1923)|
|Mother||Harriet Maria (Simpson) Craycraft (1848-1923)|
In 1891 William was living at 14 Kingsnorth Road, Faversham, KentG, and was recorded in the census as William J Sackett, a scholar, aged 6 and born in Faversham, the son of Thomas Sackett.4
In 1911 he was living at 16 St John's Road, Margate, KentG, in the household of his parents Thomas and Harriet, and was recorded as William James Sackett, a grocer's assistant, single, aged 26 and born in Faversham.5
William served in the First World War, enlisting in the 18th Light Trench Mortar Battery of the Australian Imperial Force on 23 October 1916.6
|Sackett line||8th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, Sep qtr 1884. Sackett, William James. Mother: Craycraft. Faversham. 2a:850."
- Letter from John Prescott, to Chris Sackett, dated 21 October 2002.
- Information supplied by Sheila Phythian to Chris Sackett, June 2010.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, 14 Kingsnorth Road, Faversham, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, married, 42, gas fitter (lock), b. Ramsgate, Kent
Harriet Sackett, wife, 41, b. Ramsgate
George E Sackett, son, unm., 18, apprent. blacksmith, b. Faversham, Kent
Thomas A Sackett, son, unm., 17, gas fitter's assist. (lock), b. Faversham
John S Sackett, son, 15, grocer, b. Faversham
Elizabeth H Sackett, dau, 13, scholar, b. Faversham
Alma Sackett, dau, 11, scholar, b. Faversham
Harriet C Sackett, dau, 9, scholar, b. Faversham
William J Sackett, son, 6, scholar, b. Faversham
Kate M Sackett, dau, 4, scholar, b. Faversham
Lily C Sackett, dau, 6m, b. Faversham.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 16 St John's Rd, Margate, Kent
Thomas Sackett, head, 62, married, gas fitter, own account, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Harriett Sackett, wife, 61, m. 39y, 10 ch, 8 living, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Alma Sarah Sackett, dau, 31, single, grocer's assistant, b. Faversham, Kent
William James Sackett, son, 26, single, grocer's assistant, b. Faversham, Kent
Kate Maria Sackett, dau, 24, single, grocer's assistant, b. Faversham, Kent
Nellie Elizabeth Sackett, gdau, 11, school, b. Ospringe, Kent
Alma Elizabeth Sackett, gdau, 10, school, b. Minster, Kent
Ann Parkman Year, lodger, 65, single, monthly & sick nurse, b. Winkfield, Berkshire.
- Website National Archives of Australia, Australian Imperial Force, Enlistment Papers (http://naa12.naa.gov.au/), Australian Imperial Force. Attestation Paper of Persons Enlisted for Service Abroad.
"1815, Sackett, William James; unit: 18th LTMB; joined: 23 Oct 1916.
William James Sackett, b. Kent, England, natural born British subject, 31 9/12 years, barman, single, next of kin (father) Thomas Sackett, [16 St Johns Road, Margate, England, deleted] Wood View [?] Perry Wood, Selling Nr Faversham, Kent, Eng; civil convictions?: no; ever discharged from HM Forces?: no; any military service?: no; ever rejected as unfit for HM Service?: no; signed: W J Sackett, 23 Oct 1916."
|Last Edited||11 November 2016|