George William Sackett
|Father||George Edward Sackett (1872-1945)|
|Mother||Rosa Wilson (1872-)|
In 1901 George was living at 4 Grange Road, St John's, Margate, KentG, and was recorded in the census as George W Sackett, aged 9 months and born in Margate, the son of George E Sackett.9
In 1911 he was living at 26 Hastings Avenue, MargateG, in the household of his parents George and Rosa, and was recorded as George Sackett, a schoolboy, aged ten and born in Margate.10
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, George and Grace were living at 18 Drapers Avenue, MargateG. George was a locomotive fireman. Their son William was living with them.11
Administration of George's estate was granted on 21 October 1954 to his widow Grace. His estate was valued at £1,566.12
Child of George William Sackett and Grace Martin
- William Martin Sackett b. 23 Jul 1933, d. May 1992
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1900. Sackett, George William. Mother: Wilson. Thanet. 2a:980."
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "20 July 1900 George William s. George Edward & Rosa Sackett, b. 27 June, 4 Grange Rd, Margate, labourer."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, 1939 Register has 29 Jun 1900.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1954. Sackett, George W, 54. Thanet."
- Probate record.
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1928. Sackett, George W. Spouse: Martin. Thanet. 2a:2539."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1928. Martin, Grace. Spouse: Sackett. Thanet. 2a:2539."
- 1939 Register.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 4 Grange Road, St John's, Margate, Kent
George E SACKETT, head, 28, blacksmith (worker), b. Faversham, Kent
Rosa SACKETT, wife, 28, b. Canterbury, Kent
Harriet M SACKETT, dau, 7, b. Faversham
Kate Hilda SACKETT, dau, 5, b. Margate
John T SACKETT, son, 3, b. Margate
George W SACKETT, son, 9m, b. Margate
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 26 Hastings Avenue, Margate, Kent
George Sackett, head, 38, married, grocer's porter, worker, b. Faversham, Kent
Rosa Sackett, wife, 38, m. 18y, 7 ch, all living, b. Canterbury, Kent
Harriet Sackett, dau, 17, b. Faversham, Kent
John Sackett, son, 13, school, b. Margate
George Sackett, son, 10, school, b. Margate
Rosa Sackett, dau, 5, b. Ramsgate, Kent
William Sackett, son, 3, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Thomas Sackett, son, 2, b. Margate.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 18 Drapers Avenue, Margate M B, Kent: RG101/1754G/019/11, George W Sackett, b. 29 Jun 1900, married, locomotive fireman, heavy worker; RG101/1754G/019/12, Grace Sackett, b. 11 Sep 1903, married, unpaid domestic duties; William M Sackett, b. 23 Jul 1933, at school.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett George William of 18 Drapers-avenue Margate died 24 September 1954 Administration London 21 October to Grace Sackett widow. Effects £1566 12s. 9d."
|Last Edited||29 March 2017|