|Father||Henry Sackett (1871-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Kelly (1870-1938)|
In 1911 John was living at 40 Janeway Street, BermondseyG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded in the census as John Sackett, a schoolboy, aged seven and born in Bermondsey.5
In the 1920s, John was a dancer with the Eight Lancashire Lads, a touring dance troupe performing in music halls, which had earlier given a ten-year-old Charlie Chaplin his first professional break.6
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, John was living at 60 Crosby Row, Bermondsey, LondonG. He was a theatrical performer.7
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1904. Sackett, John. Mother: Kelly. St Olave. 1d:210."
- 1939 Register.
- Emails from Rita Sackett to Chris Sackett, December 2004.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1965. Sackett, John, 60. Dartford. 5f:300."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 40 Janeway Street, Bermondsey, London
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married, dock labourer, unloading cargo, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, wife, 40, m. 21y, 9 ch, all living, sack mender, contractors, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 20, single, occ: none, b. Rotherhithe
Timothy Sackett, son, 17, sawyer, timber merchants, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 15, tin worker, tin maker, b. Rotherhithe
George Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Bermondsey
Joseph Sackett, son, 9, school, b. Bermondsey
John Sackett, son, 7, school, b. Bermondsey
Tom Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Mary Sackett, dau, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Annie Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey
Mary Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey.
- Email from Jane Harnden to Chris Sackett, August 2014.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Sackett household, 60 Crosby Row, Bermondsey, London: RG101/0037A/007/43, John Sackett, b. 20 Jun 1904, single, theatrical; RG101/0037A/007/44, John D Avery, b. 1914, single, general labourer.
|Last Edited||6 November 2016|