|Father||Henry Sackett (1871-1913)|
|Mother||Annie Kelly (1870-1938)|
In 1901 Henry was living at 5 Anthony Street, Bermondsey, LondonG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded in the census as Henry Sackett, aged ten and born in Rotherhithe.7
In 1911 he was living at 40 Janeway Street, BermondseyG, in the household of his parents Henry and Annie, and was recorded as Henry Sackett, single, aged 20 and born in Rotherhithe.8
Henry served in the British Army during the First World War as a Private in the London Regiment and then in the Queen's Regiment. He was awarded the Victory Medal and the British Medal in recognition of active service overseas.9,10
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, Henry and Charlotte were living at 21 Pilgrim House, Tabard Street, Southwark, LondonG, in the household of Eliza J Johnson, perhaps Charlotte's mother. Henry was a street trader and news vendor.11
Child of Henry Sackett and Charlotte Johnson
- Louise Matilda Sackett b. 1927, d. 29 Jan 1933
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
|Appears in||Sacketts in the Military|
Notes & Citations
- Not found in GRO birth index.
- 1939 Register.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Jun qtr 1956. Sackett, Henry, 65. London C."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1927. Sackett, Henry. Spouse: Johnson. St Olave. 1d:323."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Jun qtr 1927. Johnson, Charlotte. Spouse: Sackett. St Olave. 1d:323."
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, 392/129v
5 Anthony Street (3 rooms)
Henry Sackett, head, married, 31, dock labourer, worker, b. Rotherhithe, London
Annie Sackett, wife, 31, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 10, b. Rotherhithe, London
Timothy Sackett, son, 8, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 6, b. Rotherhithe
Frances Sackett, dau, 4, b. Rotherhithe.
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 40 Janeway Street, Bermondsey, London
Henry Sackett, head, 42, married, dock labourer, unloading cargo, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, wife, 40, m. 21y, 9 ch, all living, sack mender, contractors, b. Bermondsey
Henry Sackett, son, 20, single, occ: none, b. Rotherhithe
Timothy Sackett, son, 17, sawyer, timber merchants, b. Rotherhithe
Annie Sackett, dau, 15, tin worker, tin maker, b. Rotherhithe
George Sackett, son, 11, school, b. Bermondsey
Joseph Sackett, son, 9, school, b. Bermondsey
John Sackett, son, 7, school, b. Bermondsey
Tom Sackett, son, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Mary Sackett, dau, 5, school, b. Bermondsey, twin
Annie Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey
Mary Legon, boarder, single, tin plate worker, b. Bermondsey.
- "Britain, Campaign, Gallantry & Long Service Medals & Awards", database, Findmypast.
- "British Army Medal Index Cards, 1914-1920", digital image, The National Archives, "Sackett, Henry, Private, London Regiment, service no. 4461, Private, The Queen's Regiment, service no. G/86098, Victory Medal, British Medal. WO372/17."
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Johnson household, 21 Pilgrim House, Tabard Street, Southwark, London: Eliza J Johnson, b. 1861, widow, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0513J/015/26, Charlotte Sackett, b. 24 Jan 1891, married, unpaid domestic duties; RG101/0513J/015/27, Henry Sackett, b. 21 Mar 1891, married, street trader, news vendor; Thomas A B Balderson, b. 1915; & 2 closed records.
|Last Edited||25 June 2020|