William Cecil Sackett
|Mother||Frances Sarah Sackett (1868-1923)|
In 1911 he was living at 6 Belmont Street, RamsgateG, and was recorded as William Sackett, aged eight. He was living with his mother Frances in the household of his step-grandfather James Hunter.7
At the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, William was a tractor driver, living at Plumstone Farm, Eastry, KentG, in the household of Sidney Setterfield, a farmer.8
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date (National Archives), "Sep qtr 1902. Sackett, William Cecil. [Mother not named: assume registered in mother's surname.] Thanet. 2a:1066."
- 1939 Register.
- Baptisms Register, St Paul, Ramsgate, "5 November 1902 William Cecil s. Frances Sarah Sackett, 6 Belmont Street."
- "England & Wales deaths 1837–2006", database, Findmypast, "Dec 1992. Sackett, William Cecil, b. 31 Aug 1902. Thanet. 16:1964:1292."
- Death record.
- Website England & Wales Death Index, 1837–1915 (GRO Civil Registration Index) (Ancestry.com) (http://search.ancestry.co.uk/), "Jul 1989. Sackett, Mabel Alice, b. 25 Nov 1917. Thanet. 16:1601:789."
- 1911 England census, digital image from National Archives microfilm, Ancestry.com, 6 Belmont St, Ramsgate, Kent
James Richard Hunter, head, 70, widower, road sweeper, Ramsgate Corporation, b. Ramsgate
Frances Sackett, stepdau, 42, single, housekeeper, at home, b. Ramsgate
Albina Sackett, step grandchild, 20, single, barmaid, b. Ramsgate
Amy Sackett, step grandchild, 18, shop assistant, confectioners, b. Ramsgate
William Sackett, step grandchild, 8, b. Ramsgate
Maurice Briquet Sackett, step great-grandchild, 8 months, b. Ramsgate.
- "1939 Register", UK, digital image, Findmypast, Setterfield household, Plumstone Farm, Eastry R D, Kent: Sidney Setterfield, b. 1890, single, farmer; RG101/1820D/014/27, William C Sackett, b. 31 Aug 1902, single, tractor driver.
|Last Edited||6 November 2016|