|Father||William Sackett (1847-1918)|
|Mother||Rachel Link (c 1843-1924)|
In 1871 Louisa was living at 4 Gas Row, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of her parents William and Rachel, and was recorded in the census as Louisa Sackett, aged two and born in Canterbury.6
In 1881 she was living at 8 Artillery Street, Canterbury, KentG, in the household of her parents William and Rachel, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, aged 11 and born in Canterbury.7
In 1891 she was living at Red House, Barham, KentG, in the household of Harriet Yorke, a widow, and was recorded as Louisa Sackett, a parlourmaid, unmarried, aged 23 and born in Canterbury.8
In 1911 she was living at 18 Meadow Cottages, Wincheap Grove, CanterburyG, in the household of her husband Herbert, 39, a beer bottler in a brewery, and was recorded as Louisa Simmons, aged 41 and born in Canterbury. Living with them were their children, Edith, 14, Ernest, 10, Ethel, 7, and Bertie, aged three.9
Children of Louisa Sackett and Herbert Simmons
Notes & Citations
- General Register Office, Online Index to Births, "Sep qtr 1869. Sackett, Louisa. Mother: Link. Canterbury. 2a:681."
- Baptisms Register, St Mildred, Canterbury, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "13 Jan 1870 Louisa Sackett d. William & Rachel Sackett, of Gas Row, labourer."
- "England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915", database, Ancestry.com, "Mar qtr 1959. Simmons, Louisa, 89. Canterbury. 5b:331."
- Marriages Register, St Mildred, Canterbury, Kent (Parish Register & Bishops' Transcript), "1 March 1896 Herbert Harding Simmons, 24, bachelor, groom, of 3 Ivy Place, York Road, & Louisa Sackett, 27, spinster. Fathers: Benjamin Simmons, gardener; William Sackett, engine driver. Witnesses: Ernest Sackett, Olive Sackett."
- General Register Office, Online Index to Marriages, "Mar qtr 1896. Sackett, Louisa. Canterbury."
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/?
4 Gas Row, Canterbury, Kent
William Sackett, head, married, 26, ag. lab., b. Deal, Kent
Rachel Sackett, wife, 26, b. Chartham, Kent
William Sackett, son, 7, scholar, b. Canterbury
Mary Ann Sackett, dau, 4, b. Canterbury
Louisa Sackett, dau, 2, b. Canterbury.
- 1881 England census, database, LDS, FamilySearch, FHL 1341229, PRO RG11/0962/14/21
8 Artillary St, Canterbury St Gregory, Kent
William SACKETT, head, married, 40, b. Deal, Kent, labr at gas works
Rachel SACKETT, wife, 40, b. Chartham, Kent
William E. SACKETT, son, unmarried, 18, b. Canterbury, Kent, grocers porter
Mary A. SACKETT, dau, 13, b. Canterbury
Louisa SACKETT, dau, 11, b. Canterbury, scholar
Olive SACKETT, dau, 9, b. Canterbury, scholar
Ernest H. SACKETT, son, 6, b. Canterbury, scholar
Percy SACKETT, son, 4, b. Canterbury, scholar
Jessie SACKETT, dau, 2, b. Canterbury
Bertie SACKETT, son, 1 month, b. Canterbury.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/?
Red House, Barham, Kent
Louisa Sackett, serv, unm., 23, parlourmaid, b. Canterbury, Kent
[In the household of Harriet Yorke, widow, 64].
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, piece 4324, schedule 71
18 Meadow Cottages, Wincheap Grove, Canterbury, Kent
Herbert Simmons, head, 39, married, beer bottler, brewery, worker, b. Broxbourne, Herts
Louisa Simmons, wife, 41, m. 15y, 6 ch, 5 living, b. Canterbury
Edith Simmons, dau, 14, b. Middlesex, Ponders End
Ernest Simmons, son, 10, school, b. Middlesex, Ponders End
Ethel Simmons, dau, 7, b. Canterbury
Bertie Simmons, son, 3, b. Canterbury.
|Sackett line||8th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Line 3 (English)|
|Last Edited||16 Nov 2016|