Theodora Clarissa Beatrice "Dora" Sackett
|Father||Frederick Charles Sackett (1870-1925)|
|Mother||Clarissa Mary Wood (c 1868-1903)|
In 1891 Theodora was living at 2 Garibaldi Terrace, Herne Bay, KentG, in the household of her parents Frederick and Clarissa, and was recorded in the census as Theodora Sackett, aged one and born in Whitstable.10
In 1901 she was living at 20 Bath Street, Brighton, SussexG, in the household of her parents Frederick and Clarissa, and was recorded as Theodora C B Sackett, aged eleven and born in Whitstable.11
Dora attended the Ipswich Municipal Secondary School, Ipswich, SuffolkG, from 17 June 1901, having previously attended the Stamford Road school, Brighton. She transferred to the upper school on 26 July 1901 and left there on 27 July 1903, aged 14, when she was "wanted at home". The family were living at 185 Princes Street.12,13
In 1911 she was living at Victoria House, Foregate, WorcesterG, and was recorded as Theodora Clarrissa Beatrice Sackett, a drapery shop assistant, single, aged 21. She was one of ten female drapery shop assistants and four female servants in the household of the drapery shop housekeeper.14
Child of Theodora Clarissa Beatrice "Dora" Sackett and Howard Marshall
- Beatrice Marshall b. 1915
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Sep qtr 1889. Sackett, Theodora Clarissa Beatrice. Mother: Wood. Blean. 2a:828."
- School record.
- Death record.
- Website England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1837–1915 (Ancestry.com), "Sep qtr 1976. Marshall, Theodora Clarissa B, b. 9 Jun 1889. Worcester. 29:0678."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1913. Sackett, Theodora C B. Spouse: Marshall. Chorlton. 8c:1856."
- GRO Indexes to Marriages, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Sep qtr 1913. Marshall, Harold. Spouse: Sackett. Chorlton. 8c:1856."
- "St Andrew's Church, South Levenshulme, Manchester, Lancashire, Marriages Register", digital image, Ancestry.com, "29 Jul 1913, Harold Marshall, 31, bachelor, bank clerk, of 54 Barbourne Rd, Worcester, father Abraham Marshall, gentleman; to Theodora Clarissa Beatrice Sackett, 24, spinster, of 4 Marley Road, Levenshulme, father Frederick Charles Sackett, manager. Banns. By Henry Hickling, Rector. Witnesses: W Marshall, F C Sackett, Gladys M Sackett, Abraham Marshall."
- Date of birth based on age at marriage.
- 1891 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG12, Piece 710, Folio 141, p. 29, GSU roll 6095820
2 Garabaldi Ter, Herne Bay, Kent
Fredrk Sackett, head, 23, grocers assistant, b. Kent, Ramsgate
Clarisa Sackett, wife, 23, b. Kent, Whitstable
Theodora Sackett, dau, 1, b. Kent, Whitstable.
- 1901 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 929/22v
20 Bath Street, Brighton (St Peter), Sussex
Frederick C Sackett, head, married, 31, provision merchant manager, worker, b. Ramsgate, Kent
Clarissa M Sackett, wife, 33, b. Whitstable, Kent
Theodora C B Sackett, dau, 11, b. Whitstable
Gladys M Sackett, dau, 9, b. Herne Bay, Kent
Frederick H Sackett, son, 7, b. St Peter's, Kent
Richard R Sackett, son, 4, b. Ramsgate.
- "National School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870–1914", digital image, Findmypast, Ipswich Municipal Secondary, Ipswich, Suffolk, "No. 2662, adm 17 Jun 1901, Sackett, Dora, b. 9 Jun 1889, of 185 Princes St, father Frederick, last sch Stamford Rd, Brighton, std IV, left 26 Jul 1901, transferred to upper sch."
- "National School Admission Registers & Log-Books 1870–1914", digital image, Findmypast, Ipswich Municipal Secondary, Ipswich, Suffolk, "No. 586, adm 2 Sep 1901, Sackett, Dora, b. 9 Jun 1889, of 185 Princes St, father Frederick, left 27 Jul 1903, wanted at home."
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, RG14, Piece 17628, Schedule 119
Victoria House, Foregate, Worcester
Theodora Clarrissa Beatrice Sackett, assistant, 21, single, shop assistant, drapery, b. Kent, Whitstable
[one of ten female drapery shop assistants and four female servants in household of drapers shop housekeeper in charge].
|Sackett line||9th great-granddaughter of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Last Edited||10 Nov 2016|