Arthur Gordon Sackett
|Father||Rev Walter Sackett (1865-1924)|
|Mother||Emma Leyland Sandford (c 1864-1937)|
In 1911 Arthur was living at 1 Feversham Crescent, YorkG, in the household of his parents Walter and Emma, and was recorded in the census as Arthur Gordon Sackett, a schoolboy, aged eight and born in York.5
Arthur was an assistant advertising manager in 1937.
Arthur was granted administration on 25 February 1938 of his mother Emma's estate, valued at £2,515.6
Arthur left a will which was proved on 5 March 1964 by an Edna Handley. His estate was valued at £1,838.7
|Sackett line||9th great-grandson of Thomas Sackett the elder of St Peter in Thanet|
|Charts||Descendants of Jeremiah Sackett|
Notes & Citations
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837 to date, "Jun qtr 1902. Sackett, Arthur Gordon. Mother: Sandford. York. 9d:34."
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, 1837 to date (FreeBMD), "Mar qtr 1964. Sackett, Arthur G, 61. Nottingham. 3c:325."
- Probate record.
- "UK, Burial and Cremation Index", database, Ancestry.com, "17 Feb 1964 (cremation), Arthur Gordon Sackett, d. 12 Feb 1964."
- 1911 England census, digital image, Ancestry.com, 1 Feversham Crescent, York, Yorkshire
Walter Sackett, head, 46, married, Wesleyan Methodist Minister, b. Barham, Kent
Emma Leyland Sackett, wife, 47, m. 19y, 3 ch, 2 living, b. Liverpool
Herbert Leyland Sackett, son, 17, student, b. Little Sutton, Chester
Arthur Gordon Sackett, son, 8, school, b. York
Alice Mauger Howard, servant, 71, widow, servant (domestic), b. Liverpool.
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Emma Leyland of Northfield 16 Grosvenor-avenue West Kirby Cheshire widow died 13 December 1937 Administration (with Will) Liverpool 25 February 1938 to Arthur Gordon Sackett assistant advertising manager. Effects £2515 11s."
- "England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations), 1858–1995", digital image, Ancestry.com, "Sackett Arthur Gordon of 581 Western Boulevard Nottingham died 12 February 1964 at Basford Hospital Hucknall Road Nottingham Probate Nottingham 5 March to Edna Handley (wife of Richard Handley). £1838."
|Last Edited||28 Nov 2016|