|Father||Paul Sackett (1588-1667)|
|Mother||Ann (___) Lee (c 1594-1670)|
Paul made his will in Little BucklandG on 31 August 1671, naming as beneficiaries his wife Ann.6 He instructed his executor to sell all his lands and goods to pay his debts, the residue of his estate to be shared equally between his wife Ann and his children.
Paul's widow Anne made her will in Buckland next Faversham, KentG, on 27 September 1674, naming as beneficiaries her daughters Anne and Elizabeth.7 She left half of her estate to her son John and half to her daughters Anne and Elizabeth. She also left £5 each to the children (these would be Susan and Henry) of her late husband Paul.
Date: 31 August 1671.
Proved: Court not known, 13 September 1671.
Source: Kent Archives Office, unknown reference.
Testator: Paul Sackett, yeoman, Little Buckland, Kent.
Wife Ann and children, to share residue after debts paid.
Richard Read Esq., to sell all lands and goods to pay debts.
Witnesses: Henry Eve, William Vallerme?, Elias Ashe, Willm Benet?.
Date: on or about 27 Sep 1674 (nuncupative will).
Proved: Archdeaconry Court of Canterbury, 14 October 1674.
Source: Kent Archives Office, KAO PRC 17-73-350.
Testatrix: Anne Sackett, widow, late of Buckland next Faversham, Kent.
Son John, half of my estate plus 2 of my rings.
Daughters, Anne & Elizabeth, half of my estate plus 2 rings each.
James Saunders, £20, appointed guardian of my children & to use my farm next year for the benefit of my children. To account to Dr. Eve & my brother Abraham Chambers whom I make overseers.
Son & dau in law [meaning stepchildren], children of my husband Paul Sackett, £5 each at 21.
Sister Jane Perchcoke?, £5 plus linen & woollen.
Witnesses: Henry Eve DD, Abraham Chambers.
Children of Paul Sackett and Susan ___
Children of Paul Sackett and Ann (Chambers) Court
|Charts||Line 2 (English)|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "30 January 1621/22 Paulus Sacket filius Pauli Sacket Domi eterni baptizatus est."
- Tyler Index, Burials Register, Buckland-by-Faversham, Kent, digital image, Ancestry.com, "5 Sep 1671, Paul Sacket, housekeeper."
- Marriages Register, All Saints, Canterbury, Kent, database, Findmypast, "24 May 1652 Paul Sackett & Sus Sackett [sic]." [Findmypast transcript, apparent error bride's surname: image not available]
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "13 January 1657/58 Susan Sackett wife of Paul."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "13 February 1662/63 Paul Sackett of St John in Thanet, yeoman, widower & Ann Court of Reculver, widow of Stephen Court, late same parish. At St Alphege or St Mary Northgate Canterbury."
- Will of Paul Sackett of Little Buckland, Kent, 31 August 1671, proved in the (Court not known), 13 September 1671 (Kent Archives Office).
- Will of Anne Sackett of Buckland next Faversham, Kent, 27 September 1674, proved in the Archdeaconry Court, 14 October 1674 (Kent Archives Office, KAO PRC 17-73-350).
|Sackett line||3rd great-grandson of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||12 May 2019|