|Father||John Sackett (1743-1827)|
|Mother||Catherine Andrews (c 1753-1831)|
Edward Sackett, shipwright of Stepney, London, and St Lawrence, Kent, son of John Sackett and Catherine Andrews, was born in St Peter in Thanet, KentG, on 18 August 17911 and baptized at St Peter's Church, ThanetG, on 4 September 1791.1 He died aged 27 in St Lawrence in ThanetG, on 21 October 18182 and was buried at St Peter's ChurchG, on 26 October 1818.3 He married at Christ Church, Spitalfields, Stepney, MiddlesexG, on 27 May 1810, Mary Saunders.4
Child of Edward Sackett and Mary Saunders
- Rev Edward Saunders Sackett+ b. 11 Oct 1811, d. 6 Nov 1850
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Society of Genealogists), "4 September 1791 Edward s. John & Catherine Sackett, b. 18 August."
- Pat Tritton, Canterbury Cathedral Archives, Sacred to the memory of Henry son of John and Katherine Sackett of Northwood, who died in the West Indies the 19th June 1806 aged 18 years also Edward, son the above who departed this life October the 21st 1818 aged 27 years Likewise two of their children who died in infancy Also of the above named John Sackett who departed this life March 11 1827 aged 83 years also of Katherine Sackett wife of the above who died October 9 1831 aged 78 years also of Vincent Andrew Sackett who died June 5, 1883, aged 90 years.
- Burials Register, St Peter the Apostle, Thanet, Kent (Tyler transcripts, Society of Genealogists), "26 October 1818 Edward Sackett, of St Lawrence, 27."
- Marriages Register, Christ Church Spitalfields, Stepney, Middlesex, "27 May 1818 Edward Sackett bachelor of this parish & Mary Saunders spinster of this parish. Banns. Witnesses: George Mikel, George Ashtone."
|Last Edited||20 August 2016|