|Father||Henry Sackett (1710/11-1790)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Clifford (c 1709-1786)|
Thomas Sackett, shipwright of Bermondsey, Surrey, son of Henry Sackett and Elizabeth Clifford, was baptized at St John's Church, Margate, KentG, on 28 July 1734.1 He died at the Bermondsey workhouse "of old age" (the burial record shows age 85 although he was probably 83) and was buried at St Mary Magdalen, BermondseyG, on 21 December 1817.2 He married on 9 December 1760, Mary Wilkinson.3 Mary was born in about 1740.4 She died aged 76 at the Bermondsey workhouse and was buried at St Mary MagdalenG, on 29 August 1816.5
Children of Thomas Sackett and Mary Wilkinson
|Charts||Sackett shipwrights of London|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "28 July 1734 Thomas s. Henry & Elisabeth Sackette."
- Burials Register, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, "21 December 1817 Thomas Sackett, 85, old age, workhouse."
- Marriages Register, St Alphege, Greenwich, Middlesex (image on Ancestry.co.uk), "No 381. Thomas Sackett shipwright & Mary Wilkinson both of this parish were married under publication of Banns in this Church this 9th Day of December 1760 by me. Edw: Edwards, Curate. Both signed. Witnesses: Mary Clement, Mary Fletcher."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, "29 August 1816 Mary Sackett, 76, old age, workhouse."
|Last Edited||30 August 2013|