|Father||Robert Sackett (1688-1763)|
|Mother||Frances Simmons (say 1690-1726)|
John Sackett, son of Robert Sackett and Frances Simmons, was born in Margate, KentG, in 1723 and baptized at St John's Church, MargateG, on 15 August 1723.1 He died aged 77 in MargateG, on 23 February 18002 and was buried at St John's ChurchG, on 1 March 1800.3,2 He married at Monkton, KentG, on 3 September 1749, Mary Ayles.4,5 Mary was born in about 1725.6 She died aged 48 in MargateG, on 28 July 1773 and was buried at St John's ChurchG, on 8 August 1773.2,7
Children of John Sackett and Mary Ayles
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St John the Baptist, Thanet, Kent, "15 August 1723 John s. Robert & Frances Sackett."
- Thanet Obituary, monumental inscription, St John's Church, Margate, Kent, headstone, "John Sackett, 23 February 1800 aged 77; Mary, ux., 28 July 1774, aged 44."
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "1 March 1800 John Sacket, 77."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "25 August 1749 John Sackett, of St John in Thanet, bachelor, & Mary Ayles, of Birchington, spinster. At Monkton, St John in Thanet or Birchington."
- Marriages Register, Monkton, Kent (Bishops Transcript), "3 September 1749 John Sackett & Mary Ayles. Licence."
- Date of birth based on age at death.
- Burials Register, St John the Baptist, Margate, Kent (Parish Registers 1570-1650 (U3/140/1/1) (Debrett's); Tyler transcripts; IGI), "8 August 1773 Mary Sackett, wife of John, 48."
|Last Edited||27 May 2013|