|Father||William Sacket (1662-1700)|
|Mother||Hannah Graves (1665/66-after 1700)|Joseph Sacket
, son of William Sacket
and Hannah Graves
, was born in Westfield, Hampden County, MassachusettsG
, on 25 July 16901,2,3,4
and baptized at the Church of Christ, WestfieldG
, on 27 July 1690.5
He died in WestfieldG
on 8 November 1756.1,6,7
He married in about 1713, Abigail Bigelow.1,8
She died in WestfieldG
on 28 February 1776.6,7,9
Children of Joseph Sacket and Abigail Bigelow
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America.
- Vital Records, Westfield, Massachusetts, Weygant has May 1690.
- The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, NEHGS, Boston, 6 (1852): 269, Marriages, Births and Deaths in Westfield, William Sackett, m. Hannah Cram, Nov. 27, 1689; chn. Joseph, b. July 25, 1690; Hannah, b. Aug. 15, 1692; Rebecca, b. Sept. 16, 1694; Jonathan, b. March 20, 1696. Mr. W Sacket d. March 28, 1700. [The name Hannah Cram appears to be a transcription error for Hannah Graves. The Westfield records have Hannah Graves. Weygant records a first wife Sarah Crain, and there may have been confusion between the two marriages.]
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Joseph, s. William & Hanah (Graves) b. July 25, 1690."
- Website Baptisms performed in the Church of Christ, Westfield, Massachusetts, 1679–1836 (NewEnglandAncestors.org), "1690 Sacket, Joseph s. William & Hannah, 5 mo 27 d."
- Vital Records (LDS), Westfield, Massachusetts, A:130.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Joseph, w. Abigail d. Feb. 28, 1776, d. Nov. 8, 1756."
- Date of marriage based on birth date of first child.
- Birth & Death Records (NEHGS), Westfield, Massachusetts, "Sacket, Abigail, w. Joseph, d. Feb. 28, 1776."