|Father||John Sackett of New Haven, colonist (say 1623-1684)|
|Mother||Agnes Tinkham (c 1630-1707)|
Sarah Sackett, daughter of John Sackett of New Haven, colonist and Agnes Tinkham, was born in New Haven, ConnecticutG, on 26 December 1665.2,3,4 She married in New Haven, ConnecticutG, in about 1695, Samuel Alling, son of John Alling and Ellen Bradley.5
Children of Sarah Sackett and Samuel Alling
- Nathan Alling b. 8 Mar 1695/96, d. 24 Oct 1774
- John Alling b. 20 Jan 1697/98
- Lydia Alling b. 23 Jan 1699/0, d. 13 Oct 1783
- Sarah Alling+ b. 25 Apr 1702, d. 3 Aug 1787
- Samuel Alling b. 18 Aug 1704, d. btw 1704 & 1720
- Mary Alling+ b. 6 Feb 1706/7, d. 18 Feb 1788
- Hannah Alling b. 20 Oct 1709, d. 4 Jan 1793
- Ebenezer Alling b. 20 Nov 1712, d. 1744
|Charts||Tree 9. John Sackett of New Haven descendant chart|
Notes & Citations
- Charles Weygant, The Sacketts of America, not recorded.
- Vital Records, New Haven, Connecticut, p22, "Sarah daughter of John Sackett Decemb 26th, 65."
- Barbour Collection of Connecticut Vital Records, "Sackett, Sarah, d. John, b. Dec. 26, 65. New Haven Vital Records, 1:33."
- Neither Savage nor Weygant records this daughter of John Sackett. Sarah is assigned to this parent as there is no other known John Sackett in New Haven at this time.
- Clarence Torrey, New England Marriages Prior to 1700, (Carolyn Fonken), Torrey records this marriage but does not give a date. The date of 1695 is assumed based on the birth date of Nathan, the first known child born March 1695/96.
|Last Edited||16 August 2016|