|Father||Jeffery Sackett (1617-1695)|
|Mother||Sarah Swaine (c 1618-before 1669)|
Margaret Sackett, daughter of Jeffery Sackett and Sarah Swaine, was baptized at St Mary the Virgin, Chislet, KentG, on 15 February 1638/39.1 She died aged about 59 and was buried at Ss Peter & Paul, Eythorne, KentG, on 4 August 1698.2 She married at St Clement, Knowlton, KentG, on 28 July 1663, Isaac Pierce, a maltster of St Clement, Sandwich, son of Henry Pierce and Thomasin ___.3,4 Isaac was baptized at Ss Peter & Paul, EythorneG, on 7 April 1638.5 He died aged about 68 and was buried at Ss Peter & PaulG, on 13 May 1706.6 Isaac gave evidence as a witness for his father-in-law, Jeffery Sackett, in the court action Sackett v. Haite in 1684. Isaac had by then become a surgeon.7
|Charts||Tree 1. William Sackett of St John in Thanet descendant chart|
Notes & Citations
- Baptisms Register, St Mary the Virgin, Chislet, Kent (Transcript), "15 February 1638/39 Margarett d. Jeffery & Sarah Sackett."
- Burials Register, Ss Peter & Paul, Eythorne, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "4 Aug 1698 Margaret wife of Mr Isaac Pierce."
- Marriage Licences, Canterbury, Kent, "15 July 1663 Isaac Pierce, of Sandwich, maltster, bachelor, 26, whose mother consents, & Margaret Sackett, same parish, virgin, 24, whose parents consent. At Knowlton. William Naylor of the precincts of Christ's Church, Canterbury, goldsmith, bondsman."
- Marriages Register, St Clement, Knowlton, Kent (Transcript), "28 July 1663 Isaac Pierce, of St Clement, Sandwich, & Margaret Sacket, of St Mary, Sandwich. Licence."
- Baptisms Register, Ss Peter & Paul, Eythorne, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "7 Apr 1638 Isaac son of Henry Pierce and Thomasin his wife."
- Burials Register, Ss Peter & Paul, Eythorne, Kent, digital image, Findmypast, "13 May 1706 Isaac Pierce."
- Sackett v. Haite (1677–1684), proceedings in the Chancery Court, London (National Archives).
|Sackett line||4th great-granddaughter of William Sackett|
|Last Edited||20 September 2016|