|Father||Thomas Sackett1 (1787-1871)|
Mary Sackett, daughter of Thomas Sackett and Catherine Chambers, was born in Butler County, OhioG, on 18 March 1821.2 She died aged 42 in Sangamon County, IllinoisG, on 9 May 1863 and was buried at the Old Salem Cemetery, Springfield, Sangamon CountyG.2 She married in Sangamon CountyG, on 21 November 1839, Rev Abraham Clay Gaines, son of Richard Hollinger Gaines and Amy Clay Green.3,4 Abraham was born in Christian County, KentuckyG, on 4 June 1814.2,5 He died aged 78 on 2 July 1892 and was buried at Elk City Cemetery, Douglas County, NebraskaG.2
Children of Mary Sackett and Rev Abraham Clay Gaines
- William Fletcher Gaines b. 24 Oct 1840, d. 27 Apr 1913
- John Wesley Gaines b. 11 May 1842, d. 25 Feb 1906
- Henry Lee Gaines+ b. 5 Aug 1844, d. 25 Aug 1926
- Eliza Green Gaines b. 24 Aug 1846, d. 12 Apr 1933
- Thomas Richard Gaines b. 30 Nov 1848, d. Nov 1935
- Emily Caroline Gaines b. 30 Apr 1851, d. 27 Aug 1925
- Robert Francis Gaines b. 20 Aug 1854, d. 2 Feb 1934
- Alfred Milas Gaines b. 27 Aug 1856, d. 19 Apr 1896
|See also||Thurmon King's Database, 4271 Mary Sackett|
|Charts||Tree 7. Simon Sackett the colonist descendant chart|
Notes & Citations
- Thurmon King's database.
- Website Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com).
- "Illinois, County Marriages, 1800–1940", database, Ancestry.com, "21 Nov 1839, Sangamon County, Illinois, Abraham Gains & Mary Sackett."
- John Carroll Power, History of the early settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois: "centennial record", E A Wilson & Co, Springfield, IL (1876), digital image, Ancestry.com, "Mary [Sackett] married A. Clay Gaines."
- John Carroll Power, History of the early settlers of Sangamon County, Illinois: "centennial record", E A Wilson & Co, Springfield, IL (1876), digital image, Ancestry.com, "Abraham Clay [Gaines, son of Richard & Amy C (Green) Gaines], born June 4, 1814, in Kentucky, married in Sangamon county Nov. 21, 1839, to Mary Sackett. They had eight children, and Mrs. G. died May 9, 1863, and he was married Sept. 15, 1864, to Mrs. Sarah J. Newell, whose maiden name was Mills. They have two children, and live near Odell, Ill."
|Last Edited||24 April 2018|