Michigan deaths and burials
23 records (database being compiled)
- "Burrell, Chauncey D, d. 12 May 1940, at Pontiac, Oakland County, Michigan, age 39, married, b. Kalamazoo, MI, 6 Oct 1900, father Royal Burrell, mother Emily Abbey." [Michigan death certificates, FamilySearch transcription]
- "Burrell, Helen D, d. 5 Nov 1915, at Nankin, Wayne, Michigan, age 79, father Fred Day." [Ancestry database]
- "Burrell, Robert, d. 13 Mar 1949, at Allen Park, Wayne, Michigan, age 50, b. 1 Jan 1899, married, father Royal Orange Burrell, mother Emily Abbey." [Michigan death certificates, FamilySearch transcription]
- "Burrell, Royal O, d. 10 Nov 1937, at Detroit, Wayne, Michigan, age 67, married, b. Richland, MI, 15 Aug 1870, father Auroa Burrell, mother Helen Day." [Michigan death certificates, FamilySearch transcription]
- "Morris, Kenneth Alton, d. 12 Nov 1947, at Lansing, Ingham, Michigan, age 43, b. 20 Jun 1904, married, son of Asa J Morris and Jennie Kimball." [Michigan death certificates, FamilySearch transcription]
- "Rigles, Madelyn (Sackett), b. 11 Jul 1911, d. 16 Nov 1970, age 59, bur. Maple Lawn Cemetery, Boyne City."
Newspaper (title not recorded) obituary, 18 Nov 1970, "Boyne City Woman Dies. Services for Mrs. Vern (Madelyn) Rigles, 50, of Boyne City, will be 1:30 p.m. Friday at the Stackus Funeral Home. Rev. Duane Ferris will officiate and interment will be in the Maple Lawn Cemetery. Mrs. Rigles died Monday at the University Hospital, Ann Arbor. She was born Madelyn Sackett July 11, 1911 at New Rochell, N.Y. She married Mr. Rigles December 28, 1944 at Las Vegas, Nevada. They moved to Boyne City in 1954. Prior to that they lived in many cities throughout the United States. Besides her husband, she is survived by two sons, Raymond, of Minneapolis, Minn. and Thomas, a student at the University of Michigan; a brother, Peter Sackett, of Sommerset, N.J. and two sisters, Mrs. Elda Tucci, of Fords, N.J. and Mrs. Theresa Ross, of Los Angeles, Calif." [Greenwood Cemetery website]
- "Sackett, Mrs A D, d. 2 Feb 1968, Mittendorf FH, Champaign, IL."
Newspaper (title not recorded) obituary, 3 Feb 1968, "Bay View Summer Resident Dies. Mrs. A.D. Sackett, of 1401 University-ave., Champaign, Ill, and Bay View, died yesterday in the Burnham Hospital, at Champaign after a lingering illness. The services will be held Sunday, at 3:30 p.m. at the Mittendorf Funeral Home there. She is survived by her husband and two daughters, Elva, at home and Mrs. Darius (Virginia) Poebus, of Urbana, Ill. Mrs. Sackett has been a summer resident at Bay View for 40 years." [Greenwood Cemetery website]
- "Sackett, Arthur D, d. 10 Jun 1971, bur. Illinois, Mittendorf FH, Chicago."
Newspaper (title not recorded) obituary, 10 Jun 1971, "Bay View Man Dies. Arthur D. Sackett, Bay View resident since 1923 and a resident of Champaign, Ill. died this morning. Services will be held Saturday at 1:30 p.m. from the Mittendorf Funeral Home in Chicago. Interment will be in Illinois. Mr. Sackett had been a furniture dealer in Champaign, Illinois since 1916. His wife preceded him in death in 1968. Survivors include two daughters, Elva Sackett and Mrs. Virginia Phebus, both of Urbana, Ill. The family suggests that memorials may be sent to the First United Methodist Church of Champaign or the Chapaign-Urbana Kiwanis Foundation, in which he was very active." [Greenwood Cemetery website]
- "Sackett, Anna Mary, d. 18 Nov 1930, at White Cloud, Newaygo County, MI, b. MI 9 Nov 1861, single, age 69-0-9, school teacher, father Benjamin A Sackett b. NY, mother Mary Noland b. Ireland, informant Miss Eva Sackett of White Cloud, cause paraplegia, bur. White Cloud, 20 Nov 1930." [Abstract from Ancestry image]
- "Sackett, Benj Austin, d. 17 Mar 1902, at White Cortland, Wilcox, Newaygo County, MI, widowed, 5 ch, 4 living, farmer, b. Chili, NY, 26 Aug 1820, father Ezekiel Sackett b. Steventown, mother Ruth Hart b. New Lebanon NY, informant Anna Sackett of White Cland Mich, cause from an accident causing serious injury to head shoulder and back, duration 12 days, contributory blood poisoning, 5 days, bur. Prospect Hill Cem, 2 Mar 1902 [sic]. [Abstract from Ancestry image]
- "Sackett, Clyde W, d. 8 Dec 1989, b. 9 Sep 1896, of Dearborn Heights, Wayne, Michigan, at Dearborn Heights." [Ancestry database]
- "Sackett, Emma K Curtis, d. 23 Sep 1942, b. Michigan, Sep 1872, d. Bronson, Branch County, Michigan, 23 Sep 1942, age 70, father Levi Curtis, mother Diantha Batterson." [Ancestry database]
- "Sackett, Eva May, d. 6 Oct 1935, at Kalamazoo State Hospital, Michigan, b. New York, 6-1857, age 78y 4m, single, res. Bangor, Van Buren Co, MI, cause pulmonary tuberculosis, father Benjamin Sackett b. NY, mother Mary Nolan b. NY, bur. White Cloud, MI, 8 Oct 1935." [Abstract from Ancestry image]
- "Sackett, Ezekiel, d. 28 Jun 1917, at 451, 14th Ave, Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, married, b. New York, 10 Oct 1835, age 81-8-19, father .ort? Sackett b. NY, mother Eliza McGor.? b. NY, cause: carcinoma of bladder, bur. Belle Branch, 7 Jul 1917." [Death certificate, image, Find A Grave]
- "Sackett, George L, b. 9 Jun 1914, d. 12 Aug 1987, bur. Andrich Cemetery, Jerome, MI."
Newspaper (title not recorded) obituary, 17 Aug 1987, "George L Sackett, 73. George L Sackett, 73, of Wilson Township, died Aug. 12, 1987, at his Deer Lake area home. Funeral will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 18, at the Paullin Funeral Home, East Jordan. The Rev. Michael T. Conklin will officiate and burial will be in the Andrich Cemetery, Jerome, Mich. Mr. Sackett was born June 9, 1914, in Somerset Township, Hillsdale County, the son of Myron Lee and Lucy May Havens Sackett. He grew up in the Addison area and graduated from Addison High School. He resided in the Tipton, Tecumseh area most of his adult life. Mr. Sackett was president and owner of the G&J Woodworking Co. in Tecumseh for 27 years. During those years, Mr. Sackett was a frequent visitor to the Deer Lake area where he was an avid hunter and fisherman. In 1974, he moved to the Deer Lake area to make his permanent home. He is survived by: one son, Harold Sackett and one daughter, Mrs. Lee (Deanna) Williams, both of St. Petersburg, Fla.; seven grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Leona Marsh of Addison. The family suggests memorials to the Boyne City United Methodist Church or Michigan Heart Fund. Envelopes for that purpose are available at the Paullin Funeral Home where friends may call after 6 p.m. today." [Greenwood Cemetery website]
- "Sackett, James K, d. 19 Feb 1923, at Mich Soldiers Home, Grand Rapids, Kent County, MI, married, age 82-2-3, b. MI, 16 Dec 1840, farmer, father Chancey Sackett b. NY, mother Susan Kenedy b. NY, informant Ed Cole, Soldiers Home, cause Epithelioma involving left side of face, bur. Soldiers Home Cem, 21 Feb 1923." [Abstract from Ancestry image]
- "Sackett, John D, d. Ionia County, Michigan, 12 May 1893, age 70, merchant, married, b. NY, father Samuel Sackett, mother Polly Sackett." [Ancestry database]
- "Sackett, Katherine, d. 18 Mar 1987, at Dearborn, Wayne, Michigan, res. Dearborn, b. 12 Feb 1901." [Ancestry database]
- "Sackett, Lester W "Red", b. 11 May 1914, d. 19 Jan 1980, age 65, bur. Silver Lake, Wolverine."
Newspaper (title not recorded) obituary, 21 Jan 1980, "Red Sackett, 65. Funeral services for Lester W. (Red) Sackett, 65, of Wolverine, will be held 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Schneider Funeral Home in Indian River. Rev James Hempstead of the Emmanuel Episcopal Church will officiate and burial will be in Silver Lake Cemetery. Mr. Sackett died Jan. 19 at Little Traverse Division of Northern Michigan Hospitals, after a long illness. He was born May 11, 1914 in Detroit. In 1868 he married the former Esther Sackett and the couple moved to Wolverine in 1972. Mr. Sackett was in quality control for Ford Motor Co., retiring in 1972. He is survived by his wife; one son, Lester L. Sackett of Boston, Mass.; two daughters, Mrs. Larry (Virginia) Roberts of Dundee and Dr. Mary Lou Sackett of Tecumseh; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; one brother, Shurley Sackett of Milan; one sister, Mrs. Leo (Aliera) Long of Milan. Friends may call at the Schneider Funeral Home." [Greenwood Cemetery website]
- "Sackett, Lewis Thadius, d. 24 Dec 1952, at Coldwater, Branch County, Michigan, age 86, b. 31 Aug 1866, widowed." [Michigan death certificates, FamilySearch transcription]
- "Sackett, Lucinda B, d. Ionia Co Home, Berlin, Ionia County, MI, 20 Dec 1926, widowed, housewife, b. NY, 20 Oct 1838, age 88-2-0, father William Arthur b. NY, mother Mary Bostwick b. NY, informant Chas Gates, Ionia, cause fall, fracture surg. neck, bur. Saranac, 23 Dec 1926." [Abstract from Ancestry image]
- "Sackett, Marvin L, b. 3 Jun 1918, d. 10 Mar 1994."
Newspaper (title not recorded) obituary, undated, "Marvin L. Sackett, 75. Marvin L. Sackett, 75, of Indian River, died March 10, 1994, at Cumberland Medical Center in Crossville, Tenn. Funeral will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, March 15, at the Transfiguration Episcopal Church in Indian River. The Rev. Michael Herman of the Transfiguration Episcopal Church will officiate. Burial will take place in the spring. Mr. Sackett was born June 3, 1918, in Plymouth, the son of Jay and Mary (Truesdell) Sackett. He grew up and attended public school in Plymouth, graduating from Plymouth High School in 1938. On Oct. 3, 1942, he married Norma Jean Roe in Plymouth where the couple made their home. Mr. Sackett was a self-employed electrician. He was part owner of Plymouth Electric Co. until 1969. At that time the couple moved to Indian River where Mr. Sackett owned and operated the Indian River Hardware until 1979, when he sold the business to his son, David. Mr. Sackett was serving as Cheboygan County Commissioner, a position he had held since 1983. Survivors include his wife, Norma Jean; two sons, David Sackett and his wife Carolyn, of Indian River, and Steven Sackett and his wife, Linda, of Indian River; one daughter, Mary Brade and her husband, Larry, of Indian River; eight grandchildren; one sister, Mrs. Margaret Melow of Fenton; one sister-in-law, Mrs Polly Sackett of Plymouth; and several nieces and nephews. Mr. Sackett was preceded in death by his brother, Arden Sackett, and his sister, Elnora Sackett. The family suggests memorial contributions be made to the Inland Lakes Track and Field Project or to the Transfiguration Episcopal Church. Envelopes for memorial contributions are available at the Lintz Funeral Home in Indian River where visitation will be held 3-5 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. Monday, March 14." [Greenwood Cemetery website]
- "Walter, Hattie E (Sackett), d. 27 Nov 1941, b. Marcellus, MI, 7 Jan 1877, d. Kalamazoo, MI, 27 Nov 1941, age 64, housewife, widowed, of 1904 Humphrey St, Kalamazoo, bur. Riverside Cemetery, Kalamazoo, 1 Dec 1941, father Joe B Sackett b. Lancaster, England [sic], mother Lena B Covel b. Pennsylvania, spouse John Walter." [Ancestry database]
"Michigan death certificates 1921–1952," database, LDS FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org). (Researched by Chris Sackett).
Burials Register, Greenwood Cemetery, Petoskey, Michigan (http://www.gwood.us). (Researched by Chris Sackett).
"Michigan Deaths & Burials Index 1867–1995," database, Ancestry.com (http://search.ancestry.co.uk). (Researched by Chris Sackett).
"Michigan Death Records 1897–1920," database, Ancestry.com (http://search.ancestry.co.uk). (Researched by Chris Sackett).
"Michigan, Death Index, 1971–1996," database, Ancestry (http://search.ancestry.co.uk). (Researched by Chris Sackett).
"Michigan Death Certificates 1867–1909," digital image, Ancestry (http://search.ancestry.co.uk). (Researched by Chris Sackett).